Nokia X1 : top notch audio quality for under 60$?
Aug 14, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 81
X1 plays 320kbps just fine. MP3 only... Sound quality wise it is on the level with "big guys" which means that there will be people saying various things about Clip+ vs X1. However, there is no big difference, both are very good sounding. Radio does not have RDS. It sounds really good. X2 is totally different, and IMHO it should have worse SQ. Really impressive thing is that X1 has less background noise than Clip+ when using Triple.fi

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 81

Quote:
We don't have the X1 here we have the X2 and its not cheap and its build quality is dire. How much is this X1 and is it unlocked from the carrier?

I bought mine in very exotic place in Hong Kong - 40US$,not locked of course;you may find the same in China/Shenzen.If you are around,I can give you directions.Cheers!

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 81
looking at these cell phones makes me sad. I've been waiting for the galaxy s2 for like 6 months. They keep telling us its coming then poof it gets delayed. It'll be worth it tho, the galaxy s2 is the best phone ever made to this date. It makes the iphone 4 look slow laggy and outdated. I even think it will destroy the iphone 5 as i hear the iphone 5 is not a major upgrade.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #21 of 81
Where can i buy Nokia X1 01 in London? I don't want to buy off Ebay before i can play with it.I've noticed carphone warehouse and all the other places don't even know this phone exist.
Any help much apreciated.Must be grey colour,english keybord and willing to pay up to £ 40.
Thanks

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #23 of 81

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #25 of 81
I should have my Nokia X1-01 red in couple of days.Then i can compare the sound signature with mp3 320 kbps Vs Clip+ the same file format with my Westone 4.
Anyway if the soud is good out of the Nokia then this is best mp3/phone for the money plus the awesome 1320 mHa battery, wich last a looooooooooooong time.
We shall see soon.
Levi

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #27 of 81

Quote:
X1 plays 320kbps just fine. MP3 only... Sound quality wise it is on the level with "big guys" which means that there will be people saying various things about Clip+ vs X1. However, there is no big difference, both are very good sounding. Radio does not have RDS. It sounds really good. X2 is totally different, and IMHO it should have worse SQ. Really impressive thing is that X1 has less background noise than Clip+ when using Triple.fi

Why would the X2 be worse? Do you what the difference is in the Audio Hardware?

Aug 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #30 of 81
Hi Guys, well have them both now Clip+ and Nokia X1, what can i say? X1 has a clear soundsgate, and sounds on pair with Clip+ rockboxed,but not as loud.The test were done with my W4 and mp3 files 320 kbps.
The phone last me with 5 days, listening 2 hours a day music with earphones, 40 minutes call, 30 minutes music trought loudspeaker.So the sound of the phone is pretty much the same with Clip+.I wished somebody can hack it and make it accept 32 microsd cards and play FLAC files, in rest is a great phone/mp3 player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back