Noisy bird outside my window every morning.
Jun 30, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #31 of 42
Inside your home: anything goes to get rid of invading pests.

Outside your home: this is one of earth's creatures that you share the planet with. You are in his house. Live and let live.

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #32 of 42
x2 on the plastic owl. Some neighbors have tried it with great success.

Alternatively you can put out a scarecrow.

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #33 of 42
Can't you just go out and converse with the bird and reach some kind of consensus?
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't you just go out and converse with the bird and reach some kind of consensus?
tongue.gif

Good idea! Would you go out and try that and let us know how it worked out?

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

tongue.gif

This is the only approach permitted by PETA. Just remember that the bird has absolute veto power over any solution you suggest, and you better hope the bird doesn't suggest that you vacate the house, because then you've got to go. Just be glad it's not a fly; then you'd really be in trouble.
eek.gif

P.S. In all seriousness, I'm sure there's a solution that won't involve killing or harming the bird, but frankly, I do think humans are above birds in the pecking order and we are free to inconvenience them a little (I like the super-soaker idea). Call me a radical.

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good idea! Would you go out and try that and let us know how it worked out?

OK, I spoke to him this morning. While he adamantly refused my request to sing on the "down-low" in the early morning hours, he did agree to allow Wilma to use his feet to make designs on her pies on the Flintstones.

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

tongue.gif

Someone said lawyers are for the birds and the whole thing went down.
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone said lawyers are for the birds....

Yes, we do represent birds when necessary.

...I might need to notice your deposition.

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, we do represent birds when necessary.

...I might need to notice your deposition.

Birds have rights to coexist, my statement.

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #42 of 42
I live near a bird santuary and I have birds all around my house. They poop on my car, they squak and chirp all night long.

I installed double pane windows in my bedroom. Paid $350 per window. Took about 3 hours per window to install.

As long as I leave the windows closed, I sleep like a baby at night. In the summer time it is difficult to keep your windows closed, but I just close them if the bird noise gets too annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back