Noisy bird outside my window every morning.
Jun 28, 2009 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

RockCity

1000+ Head-Fier
Apparently I have a new neighbor this summer. This sucker perks on a branch every morning and releases its devil song from five til noon. I can do with a flock of colorful birds brightly cheering me up every morning. But instead I get one damn crow squawking to apparently no one. It's starting to become personal when I can see this creature sitting not two yards from me looking elsewhere when I'm working at my desk. I tried the ol' shoe to the tree method but that only managed to get bugs in my face. I am limited in my response since the trees overhanging my yard are not in my property. Help me destroy this person.

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 42
Well the answer is simple - since humans usually are much much worse at singing than birds then you should start getting up at 2am look where it sleeps and then sing to it and you should do so for at least 2 weeks.
Lets see who brakes first...it might give in and just leave.

@Ronnilee54

Its abit too fatal dont you think? Imagine a bear getting pissed at you for some trivial reason and kicking your ass over it. You would feel pretty lame I can imagine.

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlekiin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well the answer is simple - since humans usually are much much worse at singing than birds then you should start getting up at 2am look where it sleeps and then sing to it and you should do so for at least 2 weeks. Lets see who brakes first...it might give in and just leave.

Kay, I'm enlisting this idea. I was thinking of getting an air horn and approaching it stealthily. I'm not sure if birds startle the same way humans do.

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a plastic owl to scare woodpeckers. Don't know if that would work with your noisy neighbor.

There is your "peaceful" answer.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used a plastic owl to scare woodpeckers. Don't know if that would work with your noisy neighbor.

Yes, the owl trick works for pidgeons as well
smily_headphones1.gif
. screwers used to sh** all over my gf's balcony until a I perched a huge stuffed owl on the coffee table.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 42
I've used strobe lights to drive off critters before. Not effective on insects, but birds and small mammals truly hate them. One might work. You might also want to try one of those 1.5 million candlepower spotlights. When the bird starts singing, put the light on him. My guess is that it won't go over so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back