NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Nov 27, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #557 of 928
That onkyo has my attention as well

That's why I had been hoping to get one before a sale like this as I wanted to try the savants with the unit in balanced mode as I think I'd like them even more.  The cable connection is the same as the A&K players (2.5mm TRRS).  What cables should I be looking at?  Do you guys make one that's got this termination?  The reason I want this Onkyo is that if MQA ever comes to fruition, I have to have a unit that has it.  I was lucky enough to hear some of it months back and was encouraged.  I think it really will be a game changer for many reasons, and SQ is the biggest.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #558 of 928

That onkyo has my attention as well

That's why I had been hoping to get one before a sale like this as I wanted to try the savants with the unit in balanced mode as I think I'd like them even more.  The cable connection is the same as the A&K players (2.5mm TRRS).  What cables should I be looking at?  Do you guys make one that's got this termination?  The reason I want this Onkyo is that if MQA ever comes to fruition, I have to have a unit that has it.  I was lucky enough to hear some of it months back and was encouraged.  I think it really will be a game changer for many reasons, and SQ is the biggest.

Well, the jury is still out on DP-X1, but Android based X7 with the latest fw 1.1 update just took that FiiO DAP to a whole new level.  And the pair up with Savant is like "heaven"
wink.gif
  Listening now to Avicii latest "Stories" album, and for those who think Savant ain't got sub-bass you need to check out "Pure Grinding" track.  Perhaps not exactly basshead quantity, but pure Wizard quality
biggrin.gif

Plus with replacement amp modules, they should have balanced amp module soon (both 2.5mm TRRS AK-style and 4-pin kobiconn connectors).

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #559 of 928

Well, the jury is still out on DP-X1, but Android based X7 with the latest fw 1.1 update just took that FiiO DAP to a whole new level.  And the pair up with Savant is like "heaven"
wink.gif
  Listening now to Avicii latest "Stories" album, and for those who think Savant ain't got sub-bass you need to check out "Pure Grinding" track.  Perhaps not exactly basshead quantity, but pure Wizard quality
biggrin.gif

Plus with replacement amp modules, they should have balanced amp module soon (both 2.5mm TRRS AK-style and 4-pin kobiconn connectors).

The Fiio looks like a nice unit also, however I will only get a balanced out unit, so until the Fiio comes balanced it's not in the discussion for me personally.  I also want MQA capability.  I have heard MQA on a top Meridian system and it was a game changer for me. I rarely say that as I'm still mostly an analog guy for my home system, however I like the idea of Tidal with MQA eventually.  Ease of use is important for me now days as I have MS and sometimes need remote capability and it's getting to be a pain at times to clean the records, lol.  That said, digital is getting to the point where it can have outstanding sound.  I have heard most of the DAP's on the market so far (Fiio 5 mk2 is the one Fiio I have heard) and I'm not impressed.  That's why I'll only spend around 600 for one as I"m thinking they will be MUCH better sounding in a few years as their components are getting better and better for the price.  I'm not a tech guy, so for me to see what OS things are running on don't matter as much as sound quality and ease of use.  When I hear the Onkyo I may hate it. If so, I won't buy it. There aren't any stores to hear the Fiio at, so I won't purchase one.  For those overseas who get to hear personal audio products before purchase you are fortunate.  This is why I love stores still and on my home side, I will never purchase without listening.  

I went to bed last night thinking I'm buying the K10's, but the more I think about it I may just keep the Savants (I do love the blue swirl pattern and unless I can sell them I think I'll just keep them) and wait for the right DAP. Then I can make a better decision.  This sale is just incredible for what you get.  Very impressed with the company and I'm so glad I went this route rather than getting the CIEM's on Massdrop last month. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #561 of 928
Just posted ads on here for my blue swirl Savant's, Sennheiser 580 Precision's and new PSB M4U 2 (white) can's so that I can get the K10's.  Hope I can find buyers, lol.  It's amazing how much extra gear I have around the house.  Man alive.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #562 of 928
Nov 29, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #563 of 928
Ok guys, i could not resist the black friday discount and all the reviews for the savant made me want to get one too.

How does it compare to the Shure SE846 ?

I already have the Shure SE846 with a upgraded cable but they broke down on friday (one driver on the left side, in the mid section is resonating/broken).
I think of the Savant's as my "Fun IEM's" whereas i want to use the hopefully soon repaired SE846 for analytical sessions like when producing or mixing/mastering.

I am more than excited to find out how the Noble Savant do for Audio Production.

Does a cable upgrade make sense on the Savant's and if so which cable do you recommend (please nothing above 250 USD).

Thanks

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #564 of 928
  Ok guys, i could not resist the black friday discount and all the reviews for the savant made me want to get one too.

How does it compare to the Shure SE846 ?

I already have the Shure SE846 with a upgraded cable but they broke down on friday (one driver on the left side, in the mid section is resonating/broken).
I think of the Savant's as my "Fun IEM's" whereas i want to use the hopefully soon repaired SE846 for analytical sessions like when producing or mixing/mastering.

I am more than excited to find out how the Noble Savant do for Audio Production.

Does a cable upgrade make sense on the Savant's and if so which cable do you recommend (please nothing above 250 USD).

Thanks

Norne Therium with the -$30 sale price and the -20% BLK15 code has to be the best option for that budget limit. I'm getting one, but not for my Savant haha, but for my Zeus

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #565 of 928
  Norne Therium with the -$30 sale price and the -20% BLK15 code has to be the best option for that budget limit. I'm getting one, but not for my Savant haha, but for my Zeus

Just ordered.. Thanks for the discount code !

They also have good quality connectors so i can finally upgrade my other silver custom cable which happens to have bad connectors. Good shop Norneaudio :)

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #568 of 928
got my Savant during the just passed BF. never heard it, blind faith and reading of this 'poisonous' thread! hahah.

hope it get shipped soon, and more hope I will get a free BTS!! hahaha

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #569 of 928
got my Savant during the just passed BF. never heard it, blind faith and reading of this 'poisonous' thread! hahah.

hope it get shipped soon, and more hope I will get a free BTS!! hahaha

Blind faith here also, but according to the reviews and some videos i saw it might even hold up to the K10 which for some people might be too unforgiving on lower quality music with imperfections in the mastering or lower bitrates.

Also can't wait to receive them :D

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #570 of 928
Blind faith here also, but according to the reviews and some videos i saw it might even hold up to the K10 which for some people might be too unforgiving on lower quality music with imperfections in the mastering or lower bitrates.

Also can't wait to receive them :D

hi, it will be interesting to hear your comparison with 846.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back