NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
Jun 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,171 of 1,214
dr13zehn didn't cheat, I bet most people searched for info to make an educated guess.... he happened to stumble on the correct answer.

Nobody would have known about the video without him being honorable, leave this dude alone....

How did the winners come up with 147.6?
Full disclosure would be nice....

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,172 of 1,214
@dr13zehn didn't cheat, I bet most people searched for info to make an educated guess.... he happened to stumble on the correct answer.

Nobody would have known about the video without him being honorable, leave this dude alone....

How did the winners come up with 147.6?
Full disclosure would be nice....

yes at least he said the truth!!
others with same answers could have seen it too.............we may never know

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,173 of 1,214

Agreed, I believe you used the tools available to you, but the problem is....  ultimately you discovered the answer, and at that point, once you KNOW the answer to the riddle, this knowledge is beyond the deffinition of what a "guess" is.

I understand, no worries at all. While it's a bit bumming, it's not like it cost me anything to enter. So no harm no foul.
happy_face1.gif

What I got upset about had nothing to do with you guys. I got upset about the negative assumptions about my character from a few of the members. Of course I read that it said "guess" but I simply didn't think to take it at its exact meaning. Not because of ill intentions, but simply because I didn't think about it... I did what I always do when confronted with a question I don't know the answer to... Research.
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,174 of 1,214
I think it should. It says right in the contest description that you have to "guess the pull-strength of [their] Noble cable". Looking up the answer isn't fair to people that guessed fairly, especially to that one guy that was off by one decimal.

I agree with the final decision made, but in the future, companies should keep in mind that guessing games for contests can end like this and even one of the two new winners could have cheated. We won't know unless they say, but the conflict is resolved. Raffles or other random winner contests are better and safer.

Well, its abit complicated because i doubt that someone read the contest rules then think ok i will go 5 7 and 9 kg, normal act for most people i suppose would be asking, how much would a normal cable hold up to ? What about cable of previous versions of noble ?

If someone had a noble already and he applied pull strength until he cut his own noble to get a decent guess, so what ? i know there are people that took a direct guess but i think most of them would search to get a bit close.

Who is to blame when he find a video that says the answer, i dont think he should be..

And if thats your opinion believe me you will never get a winner, if this guy raised suspicions by just putting one number, try to kill the suspicion that other winners just added another 2 wrong numbers.

I agree with you about the concept, but lets just not haunt the guy, for what its worth if your all angels, i did like him and searched LOL

Thats my humble opinion, and iam not here to debate about it, respect your opinion too.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,175 of 1,214
Well if you further the math

and say between 20 lbs and 200 lbs
to one decimal place that is 1800 combinations

With 15 posts per page * 75 pages (of guesses, there are few posts without guesses)
That is 1125 people roughly that entered the contest
which means 1125*3 guesses = 3375 guesses.

Mathematically there would be 1.8 posts that have the guess "147.6 lbs"

So it is likely that 1-2 people guessed the right answer to one decimal place.

EDIT: It is 15 posts per page not 12.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #1,176 of 1,214
  Well if you further the math

and say between 20 lbs and 200 lbs
to one decimal place that is 1800 combinations

With 15 posts per page * 75 pages (of guesses, there are few posts without guesses)
That is 1125 people roughly that entered the contest
which means 1125*3 guesses = 3375 guesses.

Mathematically there would be 1.8 posts that have the guess "147.6 lbs"

So it is likely that 1-2 people guessed the right answer to one decimal place.

EDIT: It is 15 posts per page not 12.

You are assuming a homogenous distribution though.  I think people would be swayed by the average quite a bit.  

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #1,177 of 1,214
Leave the guy alone. He out smarted all of us. Big deal! Life's not fair. Get on with it. He came clean and deserves the price. He could've just not said anything and taken the prize, but instead he came clean knowing that he might forfeit the prize because of it. It could've been anyone of you guys. Would any of you whingers come clean if you would've done the same? I bet the majority would've kept their mouth shut and claim the prize. Period.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,178 of 1,214
Congrats on the winners. I haven't checked, but is the video unlocked to prove that the breaking point is indeed 147.6 lbs?

Did anybody else mirror my grossly off range methodology of basing the pull breaking point from the two wires (weakest area) that make up each channel?

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,182 of 1,214
  Congrats on the winners. I haven't checked, but is the video unlocked to prove that the breaking point is indeed 147.6 lbs?

Did anybody else mirror my grossly off range methodology of basing the pull breaking point from the two wires (weakest area) that make up each channel?

Are you serious?!

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 16, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,185 of 1,214

Are you serious?!

Just reviewed the video.  Still, at full screen it was hard to tell if the cable strands consist of the quad cable from the Y down or double cable from the Y up.  On a non-serious note; you have variable with the consistency of the wire quality/build, the effects of temperature and humidity at the time of the breakage test, and the machine's own calibration for accuracy.   

Anyhow, it was a fun and amusing contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back