Noble Audio Kaiser Encore WFH Giveaway
Apr 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #46 of 84
agreed. but then this here is „just“ a iem lottery you enter by giving away (against TOS) social media information, no charity.
why is it so hard to get?

Anyways, I am out, you just are not interested in this, you are into getting that iem. good luck.

Oh no! My data, my precious data! There was no other way to get that because I've never been to website with cookies or used an app or had anything sold by FB itself. Now I'll have to look at targeted ads which I've never experienced before. They might even interest me!

Come on.

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #47 of 84
Oh no! My data, my precious data! There was no other way to get that because I've never been to website with cookies or used an app or had anything sold by FB itself. Now I'll have to look at targeted ads which I've never experienced before. They might even interest me!

Come on.
What a funny person you are...
Don't we have the right to tell them we dislike this way of doing things ?
And don't you have anything better to do than fooling people you're not agree with ? Go get a life !

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #48 of 84

Come on.
If its not your privacy your care for then consider others who do care about theirs.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #49 of 84
If its not your privacy your care for then consider others who do care about theirs.

Dude. Bro. Bruh. If you are concerned about privacy, you really shouldn't be on Facebook at all. Just Google an article or two on the kind of information that Facebook has on you and then uses for ads. It's a torrent compared to this drip. Of course, don't actually use Google and let them aggregate your data. Best avoid them. And Bing and Yahoo. Just go directly to New York Times or something and search there. Wait, no! They make you accept cookies to track you. Nevermind. Find a blog somewhere. Except, not on your own ISP, obviously, since they collect data too. Go to a Public Library, just sign in with your library card and -- No! Okay, okay... Get a burner phone, only use a VPN, but, you know, not one of the many that have been hacked. You'll have to research which ones by -- ahhhhh!

Hey, I get it. Once you like Noble on FB, then you start seeing their posts in your feed. Updating you on products, telling you about promos, getting people to talk audio together. Clearly none of us want that. I mean, imagine, logging onto a website and staring at a bunch of audio gear you might like while people post things about that gear. It's outrageous. Like most people, I signed up for Head-Fi thinking it was related to cranial sciences and the discredited field of phrenology, only to get sucked in.

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #50 of 84
Screenshot_20200501-005927_Gallery.jpg

I feel you, I have been to countries where when you land, immigration hands out "free" sim cards they force you to place it in your phones so they can track everything

Creepy

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 30, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #52 of 84
Dude. Bro. Bruh. If you are concerned about privacy, you really shouldn't be on Facebook at all. Just Google an article or two on the kind of information that Facebook has on you and then uses for ads. It's a torrent compared to this drip. Of course, don't actually use Google and let them aggregate your data.
That is the sole reason I have never created a Facebook account. It was predictable when Facebook was created what the privacy consequences would be. I use Twitter for informative purposes and as of recently - Instagram, for work purposes, also of informative nature. And I have been using the Duck duck go browser for a few years now. I try not to accept any cookies unless the site really becomes unusable but that is extremely rare, there are some that do not allow you to view its content without accepting, needless to say, I leave that particular site immediately. My humble suggestion, as someone who is working as a salesman and is currently studying marketing, is that you should not try to forcefully breach into third party’s privacy area (edit: unless they are influencers, in which case they are being paid to be tagged) as the results are counterproductive both for the company promoting it as well as for those who edit2: are being tagged. That is all.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #55 of 84
By tagging other people you are forcing their participation. Come on now. This is spam.

I think it is up to the participant. I eventually participated only because three audiophile friends came to mind, who would be interested in the Encore. I wouldn't have tagged just random friends, to your point @starck86, I didn't want to spam anybody (as we all already receive enough spam).

May 1, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #57 of 84
I think it is up to the participant. I eventually participated only because three audiophile friends came to mind, who would be interested in the Encore. I wouldn't have tagged just random friends, to your point @starck86, I didn't want to spam anybody (as we all already receive enough spam).
Problem is they’re encouraging participants to tag other people for a promotional giveaway which appears to be against facebooks (and I presume insta’s) tos, and in incredibly poor taste, under the guise of “supporting” people. The only people they’re supporting are themselves. That’s the purpose of this giveaway.

If someone didn’t look at that ad closely enough they might think it would actually be supporting covid-19 efforts. Instead it’s ‘just’ a free headphone giveaway, which would have been super cool and easy to implement without all of this...but they way it comes off is out of touch (or almost as if it is using the worldwide pandemic and trying to join on board the ‘relief efforts‘ train). Just call it the work from home giveaway and leave it at that, take out the misleading text and pictures and whatnot. Jesus. Lots of companies are providing actual - actual - support - to hospitals, people in need, EVERYTHING. No support to anyone is being given here. A free pair of headphones is a (very nice) luxury gift for someone. This just comes off as lazy, desperate, and slightly scammy. I know that’s not what was probably intended, but that’s how those who I’ve shown this to have reacted so far. Just my 2 cents. And trying to provide some constructive criticism. I apologize for ranting but I’ve seen quite a bit of this lately and it’s also affecting fundraising efforts for hospitals etc.

edit: looks like the original text (and thread title?) were changed now, though the ones on social media are still the original (Attached)

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #59 of 84
Problem is they’re encouraging participants to tag other people for a promotional giveaway which appears to be against facebooks (and I presume insta’s) tos, and in incredibly poor taste, under the guise of “supporting” people. The only people they’re supporting are themselves. That’s the purpose of this giveaway.

If someone didn’t look at that ad closely enough they might think it would actually be supporting covid-19 efforts. Instead it’s ‘just’ a free headphone giveaway, which would have been super cool and easy to implement without all of this...but they way it comes off is out of touch (or almost as if it is using the worldwide pandemic and trying to join on board the ‘relief efforts‘ train). Just call it the work from home giveaway and leave it at that, take out the misleading text and pictures and whatnot. Jesus. Lots of companies are providing actual - actual - support - to hospitals, people in need, EVERYTHING. No support to anyone is being given here. A free pair of headphones is a (very nice) luxury gift for someone. This just comes off as lazy, desperate, and slightly scammy. I know that’s not what was probably intended, but that’s how those who I’ve shown this to have reacted so far. Just my 2 cents. And trying to provide some constructive criticism. I apologize for ranting but I’ve seen quite a bit of this lately and it’s also affecting fundraising efforts for hospitals etc.

Noble is a company that makes high-end earphones, and now they are using some of those earphones to help people. Yes, help people. Sure, those earphones aren't going to make much of a difference to someone who has Covid or who is a frontline healthcare worker. But what do you think Noble can do? Start cranking out acrylic-shelled ventilators? Start whipping out face masks designed by the Wizard? Earphones are what they can do and they are doing it. Most companies are not. For the vast majority of people who are just sheltering-in-place at home, trying to eke out money to pay the bills, a contest like this is a nice thing to daydream about. It's the chance to win something amazing that maybe they couldn't otherwise afford or justify buying right now. That helps, man. It's a little bit of escapism. Personally, I've spent the last month and a half filled with anxiety about paying bills, working from home, juggling my work schedule and my wife's, trying to keep the two kids sane, and all without being able to do a huge number of fun activities that I'd normally be able to do. So, yeah, a new IEM right now would be a wonderful bit of novelty. Even the contest itelf, which I am statistically unlikely to win, provides a little bit of distraction and excitement. That helps.

May 1, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #60 of 84
What would help both you and the general public would be if this went to support some sort of charity, food bank, or hospital.
See the previous giveaways that did this for some examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back