Noble Audio Kaiser Encore WFH Giveaway
Apr 29, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 84
I would donate/enter EE sweepstakes, if they do it again.

But... this one is a pass for me.
Couldn't agree more, I didn't enter EE raffle but did donate, this one is just selfish, it only help one potential winner and give noble more publicity due to it requires to tag more people on social network, if they do the raffles, it will help lots of people that effected due to covid19, all they have to do is pick one charity, it can be local, it doesn't even have to be charity, they can take the raffle money and help out food banks, or any organization that needed help.

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #19 of 84
Couldn't agree more, I didn't enter EE raffle but did donate, this one is just selfish, it only help one potential winner and give noble more publicity due to it requires to tag more people on social network, if they do the raffles, it will help lots of people that effected due to covid19, all they have to do is pick one charity, it can be local, it doesn't even have to be charity, they can take the raffle money and help out food banks, or any organization that needed help.

What folks don't realize, raffles/lotteries etc. can be considered a form of gambling in various parts of the world. If say Noble was to create a raffle/lottery hopscotching around those forbidden areas, then head fi memebers would pound the drum of "unfairness" etc.

Screenshot_20200430-101415_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-101350_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-102854_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-102341_Chrome.jpg

^ rules governing Thailand's stance on lotteries/raffles

Screenshot_20200430-103523_Chrome.jpg

Just a quick google search, one can see navigating the laws can be tiresome and frankly I can't afford to hire legal counsel to set up a giveaway campaing lottery that would insure Noble didnt do anything questionable.

Personally, I liked the odometer guesing game, but we had complaints about that game as well.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 30, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #23 of 84
81B09986-9F53-4CF7-8195-11555C063E27.jpeg

The thing is they are not worth $1850.00 at all...............they’re priceless! :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #24 of 84
In one guessing games of guessing the wizard BMW kilometer. I just missed by 2000 and no better dt had made it and they determined no body won. So a person that is not native US citizen gets poor treatment from noble audio

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 84
“We at noble want to show our support during these hard times by giving away one Kaiser Encore”

No, you don't. You are implementing a social media marketing campain and to act up as doing something regarding corona and support, puh, I dislike this a lot.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #26 of 84
Yeah don’t agree with this on a number of levels.

To start with, it appears they might be violating Facebook’s TOS:

“Administration of a Promotion
Promotions may be administered on Pages, Groups, Events, or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries”, and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted).”

Source

I haven’t looked at the TOS for Twitter or anything else.

Second, a raffle or promotion which requires a contestant to “Like” and/or tag other unrelated individuals to enter said raffle may (or may not) also fall under the lines of what is known as non-monetary consideration, which would be roughly equivalent to purchasing some sort of raffle ticket, as the participants are essentially required to provide the company with something (in this case, exposure, their unconsenting friends’ information and their own investment of time to like, tag, and report back their username) in exchange for the chance to win a high value item.

If you could provide other options to enter the raffle by other means (I.e., a basic emailed entry, or a form field), I think this may improve the perception of how this raffle is being run.

Edit. Not a lawyer though. Just trying to help.

On a moral level, I don’t agree with using cov-19 related pictures, terms (“showing support”), or thanks in raffles if there’s not any actual support to said global issue (I.e., donation, discount to first responders, etc.). Those statements in themselves are slightly misleading and one would presume the goals of the raffle would be to support hospitals, a food bank, or other charity. That does not appear to be the case.

final edit: I just want to explain that I’m not trying to be negative but realistic here. I got really excited when I first saw the raffle title in the forum, and wanted to enter...until I saw the picture and requirements for entry. I hope this info helps you guys with the raffle moving forward. I like the basic idea, but I think you need to re-think your approach on this. Agreed, it’s a neat facemask too.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #27 of 84
7F22E7C8-AC5F-4E3B-B291-7D7AE524E93B.png

The amount of negativity posted in this thread is amazing to me? I’m really surprised. Of course they are doing marketing. There is nothing suspicious going on here? Lol.

They are giving away a pair of nice IEMs. Cheer up! :)

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #29 of 84
but they are not doing it as a marketing, but charity/support and this is not ok in my opinion
While I understand the criticism and personally would have preferred a charitable raffle, which could be a nice way to raise money for front line healthcare workers (or something like that), I don't really see anything wrong with this either. People are stuck at home and someone can win a set of Encore to enjoy while on lockdown. At the end of the day, staying home is also an important part of the Covid-19 response and music is a good way to avoid boredom.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #30 of 84
but they are not doing it as a marketing, but charity/support and this is not ok in my opinion

Everything is marketing. This whole web site forum is marketing and supported by marketing. How would you like them to write it out?

“We are trying to reach a greater number of people with on-line social networking and have made a free $1850 IEM contest to attempt greater visibility.”

It’s obviously true. Is it such a thing bad?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back