Noble Audio Kaiser Encore WFH Giveaway
May 2, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #76 of 84
Please, everybody, chill! We are going through stressful times and we are all affected one way or another. Being an entrepreneur myself, I know how hard it is to get the attention of a saturated audience. Nobel seems to follow a passion and needs some commercial success to survive. On the other hand, being a privacy nerd, I also get the concerns of the other side.

How about we all get our favorite headphones/amp paring out and listen to our go-to reference tracks? Happy Sunday!

May 3, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #77 of 84
I entered on Insta, and although I have no objection to tagging other audio enthusiasts, I know none (on Insta' at least), so I just said "entered".
I hope my post will be considered a valid entry, but totally understand if it isn't.
Noble aren't required to give kit away any more than we are required to enter comp's like this, and I totally understand Nobles desire to promote their work.
The reaction they've received from some here to this giveaway seems grossly ungrateful given that Noble are offering a substantial prize (a flagship no less) in exchange for a little promotion.

Before anyone thinks me a hypocrite for this comment despite tagging no-one myself, I would have been happy to do so had I any friends on Insta who share my audio interests.
Perhaps a suggestion to tag any friends who might be interested in any given manufacturers product would be better received than a requirement to do so, but that decision is up to Noble, and I think the level of approbation they're being subjected to here will simply dissuade them (and others) from offering giveaways or prizes in future.
They've offered a great prize (worldwide, which is not always the case in comp's!) and I see no real reason to be so unhappy about that.

If anyone objects to the way this is being run why not just make a respectful suggestion, and try your luck the way I have, without putting manufacturers off giving stuff away.
Thank you.

May 3, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #78 of 84
giphy-1.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 3, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #79 of 84
Dude. Bro. Bruh. If you are concerned about privacy, you really shouldn't be on Facebook at all. Just Google an article or two on the kind of information that Facebook has on you and then uses for ads. It's a torrent compared to this drip. Of course, don't actually use Google and let them aggregate your data. Best avoid them. And Bing and Yahoo. Just go directly to New York Times or something and search there. Wait, no! They make you accept cookies to track you. Nevermind. Find a blog somewhere. Except, not on your own ISP, obviously, since they collect data too. Go to a Public Library, just sign in with your library card and -- No! Okay, okay... Get a burner phone, only use a VPN, but, you know, not one of the many that have been hacked. You'll have to research which ones by -- ahhhhh!

Hey, I get it. Once you like Noble on FB, then you start seeing their posts in your feed. Updating you on products, telling you about promos, getting people to talk audio together. Clearly none of us want that. I mean, imagine, logging onto a website and staring at a bunch of audio gear you might like while people post things about that gear. It's outrageous. Like most people, I signed up for Head-Fi thinking it was related to cranial sciences and the discredited field of phrenology, only to get sucked in.

THIS!!!!!!!! If a person is in ANY way concerned about their data, they should stay off of the internet.

May 6, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #80 of 84
That's what family is for (can't figure out the tagging on Instagram, I'll try again when I get back from work.)

May 16, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #82 of 84
Winner has been selected and notified - waiting for him to confirm with details!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back