Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA
Feb 1, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #272 of 328
I'd like to get the Katana based on everything I've read, however, spending 2k including tax (I live in California) is hard to justify.

I recall reading Noble has sales every so often, also, deals can be had at audio shows. Is this true and what kind of savings are there?

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #273 of 328
Mm..if you can wait, Noble has an annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Last November, it was 15% off plus a free Noble BTS for Ķatana or Encore purchase. Also, last June Noble discount was 20% off (44th Bday of Wizard). Not sure about audio shows.

The Katana is worth the wait.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #274 of 328
Mm..if you can wait, Noble has an annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Last November, it was 15% off plus a free Noble BTS for Ķatana or Encore purchase. Also, last June Noble discount was 20% off (44th Bday of Wizard). Not sure about audio shows.

Thank you for your reply. November is too far away, but June would be okay, especially with a $400 savings.

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #278 of 328
Just made a big upgrade from the Shure SE535 to the Katana. Very excited, although I am a little worried how they will fit compared to the 535, which are very comfortable. I hear the Katanas pair very well with Chord Mojo. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #279 of 328
Just made a big upgrade from the Shure SE535 to the Katana. Very excited, although I am a little worried how they will fit compared to the 535, which are very comfortable. I hear the Katanas pair very well with Chord Mojo. 

I have Shure 846s and can confirm Katana is a good choice for Mojo :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #280 of 328

I have Shure 846s and can confirm Katana is a good choice for Mojo :)

How is the fit of the Katanas in comparison to the 846?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #281 of 328

​>> How is the fit of the Katanas in comparison to the 846?

Similar fit, but a nicer cable!

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #282 of 328
Mm..my Katana fits my ears very, very well. Using large silicone eartips. No problems getting seal and no discomfort. The SE 846 shells achieves a more snug fit because of its smaller size and shape.

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #283 of 328
I didn't own them at the same time but I was surprised to find that the Katana is significantly more comfortable than the Savanna 
blink.gif
 The Savanna seemed to have a deeper insertion and I could only tolerate them with the smallest tips. I never forgot I was wearing them either. The Katana, on the other hand, seems to have a more shallow insertion depth. I can use medium tips comfortably. I almost immediately forget I have them in. Strange because I thought the Katana had the same dimensions as the Classic line. My assumptions almost kept me from buying the Katana. I'm happy I went out on a limb! The best I've yet heard!

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #284 of 328
  I didn't own them at the same time but I was surprised to find that the Katana is significantly more comfortable than the Savanna 
blink.gif
 The Savanna seemed to have a deeper insertion and I could only tolerate them with the smallest tips. I never forgot I was wearing them either. The Katana, on the other hand, seems to have a more shallow insertion depth. I can use medium tips comfortably. I almost immediately forget I have them in. Strange because I thought the Katana had the same dimensions as the Classic line. My assumptions almost kept me from buying the Katana. I'm happy I went out on a limb! The best I've yet heard!

Those are interesting findings, the CAD work on the Katana and the Gen 2 classic line is essentially the same.   Gen 1 classic line is different from the Katana

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #285 of 328

Those are interesting findings, the CAD work on the Katana and the Gen 2 classic line is essentially the same.   Gen 1 classic line is different from the Katana

Hmm, that is so weird. I really don't know what to make of it haha. I'm using the same kind of tips too. Maybe it's psychological. I guess it wouldn't really matter either way because the Katana sound is so BA (pun intended) 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back