Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA
Jul 26, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #151 of 328
well said and agree 100%
beerchug.gif

Quote:

andro is way cheaper
smily_headphones1.gif

The Sony MDR7550 is even cheaper.

In this audiophile game we play, price is all relative. The MDR7550 is, to me, at $200 or so, worth its price. The Andro is, to me, at $1100, worth its price. The Katana is, to me, at $1850, worth its price. At the end of the day, demo everything and buy the best you can at the price range you can afford. Or, if you are like me and have a little more money than sense sometimes, buy things blindly, hope for the best, and dump what doesn't live up to your hopes onto the classifieds section.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #152 of 328
Am I missing something here? UK website, when it was released I thought I saw the custom Katana at £1280 and now they are £1350?? What happened there then?

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #154 of 328
The Sony MDR7550 is even cheaper.

In this audiophile game we play, price is all relative. The MDR7550 is, to me, at $200 or so, worth its price. The Andro is, to me, at $1100, worth its price. The Katana is, to me, at $1850, worth its price. At the end of the day, demo everything and buy the best you can at the price range you can afford. Or, if you are like me and have a little more money than sense sometimes, buy things blindly, hope for the best, and dump what doesn't live up to your hopes onto the classifieds section.

When you have a chance, more comps to the Sony please, that's one of my favorite IEMS. Thanks bro.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #160 of 328
I auditioned it today for 20 minutes, and comparing it with my FitEar MH334. First impression was that the separation was good as you can hear the various instruments distinctively. The sound signature is really neutral as my MH334 sounds more punchy and bassy when compared to the Katana. The Katana sounds tend to be towards clinical, and not as musical. I was listening to J-Pop and did not really think the Katana suits this kind of genre. I did not have a chance to listen to any classical genres but the impression would tell me this is more suitable for classical genre perhaps. I was anticipating to buy the Katana but after my brief listening, I felt I needed to audition more before I sink in money on this baby. 

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #164 of 328
Katana is bright sounding & slightly airy, lows are quite good, mids are laid back, highs are controlled after a session with multiple daps. For me, the Katana reminds me of the FLC8S but it only edges out the FLC8S by a slight margin and not a landslide victory in terms of details and soundstage

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #165 of 328
Katana is bright sounding & slightly airy, lows are quite good, mids are laid back, highs are controlled after a session with multiple daps. For me, the Katana reminds me of the FLC8S but it only edges out the FLC8S by a slight margin and not a landslide victory in terms of details and soundstage
Hum not very enticing for a 1.8k iem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back