Noble Audio Holiday Giveaway! & Fire Relief
Jun 6, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #302 of 308
People that can’t understand accountability and blame entitlement for people asking for a resolution bogs my brain.
Accountability for what? To whom? Enforceable according what moral code?

What sacrifice did you make that should support your claim that were wronged? How are you worse off?

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #303 of 308
If you can’t understand that they wanted to give something away and then just went to sleep on it then I won’t explain it to you for obvious reasons. Doesn’t take anything to put up a post with an explanation. I could give a crap about a free earphone but I can’t stand jerks knocking people for inquiring about something that wasn’t resolved. Hey mods, just close the thread. What’s the point. Either way I’m not about to discuss this any further cuz it’s just stupid. Should have unsubscribed long ago.

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #304 of 308
It wasn't supported by consideration, and no one could have reasonably relied to their detriment, so the contest wasn't a binding agreement. What sort of accountability should be attached to gratuitous promises?

You're right, there is no accountability in the traditional sense of legality. But there is certainly moral responsibility. How they handled their situation gives valuable insight into their business ethics.

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #305 of 308
We don't really know since everything has gone quiet.

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #306 of 308
I don't think there is anything legally or morally wrong with what Noble did or did not do here. Interesting and weird to completely abandon one's own giveaway thread? Definitely yes. Funny to keep the thread going? Definitely yes. I think most people just want the story behind what happened. Nothing more than that I would assume at this point beyond the deadline otherwise people would have unsubscribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back