no more hje900s?
Dec 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #16 of 46
hey pal...could you suggest me some good bassy headphones under the ange $50-$150...the more emphasis is on the bass factor....but since i also quite frequently to punk rock and death metal...i would also like to have a good bit more lively experience of guitars in my IEM....

please PLEASE suggest me coz .right now i'm using JVC ha-fx 67 and they sound boring to me rather than creative EP630...and want to upgrade myself with great IEMs

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #17 of 46
you mean Headphones or in-ear (IEM)?
For latest, Radius DDM is an option with some serious bass. This will blow your mind. This are  Also called W Pro (HP-TWF11R)
Sell for about 160 USd at Musica Acoustics.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #18 of 46

Quote:
hey pal...could you suggest me some good bassy headphones under the ange $50-$150...the more emphasis is on the bass factor....but since i also quite frequently to punk rock and death metal...i would also like to have a good bit more lively experience of guitars in my IEM....

please PLEASE suggest me coz .right now i'm using JVC ha-fx 67 and they sound boring to me rather than creative EP630...and want to upgrade myself with great IEMs

i'm currently in the same boat, looking for bassy iems

hje900s is my top choice right now but they're getting discontinued and i'm having a hard time finding a nice deal

other bassy iems i'm interested in are the eterna and the hippo vb

turbines, and like yello said, the radius ddm, i've read also both have good SQ, although I personally don't dig their designs :D

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #19 of 46

Quote:
hey guys who are online like kitkat ,,maxwell,yello,confispect...could you suggest me some good bassy headphones under the ange $50-$150...the more emphasis is on the bass factor....but since i also quite frequently to punk rock and death metal...i would also like to have a good bit more lively experience of guitars in my IEM....

Quote:
Quote:
Hippo VB.

Quote:
Quote:
Hippo VB.

Not really, unfortunately. The VBs have equal bass quality, but much more quantity - they are very much a (sub)bass-head IEM. The hje900 are far from lacking in bass, and can put out an impressive kick, but they won't rattle your skull like the VBs. And as for mids and highs, as well as imaging, soundstage and detail, the hje900 come out well ahead.

based on |joker|'s description of the VB, I'm kinda interested in them too, probably my next choice after hje900.  although I do agree that they are kinda a step down from the hej900

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat12012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

other ones I'm looking at right now are the eterna, hippo vb, re-zero...

basically looking for controlled bassy with clear mids and highs

From the company of HJEs, Eterna and Hippo VB  I think you can exclude single armature RE-Zeros which sport quite a different sound signature, at least compared to my HJEs.

Did you consider Monster Turbines? Can be had for under $100 and are usually cross compared with HJEs.

I heard good things about the turbines but I hate their blingy look
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #22 of 46
hey yello....could you tell me which one to choose from these IEMs ......if bass is my main priority but the tre ble and vocals would also sound clear with the "HISS" completely absent

1.sunrise Xcape
2.radius DDM as suggested by you
3.fischer audio eterna
4.fischer audio DBA 02
5.Xears TD100
6.Panasonic RP-HJE900
7.Cyclone PR1 Pro
8.brainwavz  m1 or m2

choose the one of them which would best fit into my criteria coz i have equal priority to hip hop and rock genre

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 46
Pana-Hippo Vb-Radius DDM (couldn't get a good fit but when I did the sound was gorgeous)

I'll be getting the Monster Gold as a loaner I'll let you know, the original Turbine did not disappoint.

Haven't heard the Sunrise but they sound like another good option. DBA-02 is not what you want, signature wise but they are good.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #24 of 46

Quote:
hey yello....could you tell me which one to choose from these IEMs ......if bass is my main priority but the tre ble and vocals would also sound clear with the "HISS" completely absent

1.sunrise Xcape
2.radius DDM as suggested by you
3.fischer audio eterna
4.fischer audio DBA 02
5.Xears TD100
6.Panasonic RP-HJE900
7.Cyclone PR1 Pro
8.brainwavz  m1 or m2

choose the one of them which would best fit into my criteria coz i have equal priority to hip hop and rock genre

Man, out of your list above,  DDM is an absolute winner!
DBA-02 is another favorite of mine but appear not matching your taste. It is all been discussed here on the forum; Have you read any threads written on the subject?
In fact, people are comparing Radius DDm against Top-tier monsters such as IE8, JVC HA-FX700, Monster Turbine pro Copper. All this are beyond your price range (costing 300USD and up) but Radius DDM competes against this and it cost half the price.
Yet  If you prefer look and design over quality of sound, then go for HJE90 but this can't stand near DDMs.
This Radius will blow you mind, well at least it did mine and most of the headfi members  who adventured for DDMs. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #25 of 46
so guys...RADIUS DDM it is the perfect winner at this moment....

THANKS yello ,my most preferred choice is radius at this moment
 i think i would be buying them before 31st coz right now examz are hauntig me, would be gettin 'em done by 28th

hey confispect i would love to here your comments about Monster gold ...i read various forums were it said that turbine and gold are bit similar ....but let me know your views about them

radius 90% done   :D

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #26 of 46
For Radius make sure to contact Dimitrys from Musica Acoustics: mention about Headfi as he often offers discount not mentioning about fabulous customer  support  to fellow  Headfi members!

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #28 of 46
Yello...actually i live in India(should have guessed from my name 
wink_face.gif
)...and i dont know how to contact musica acoustics..........do you have some info about retailers selling DDM in my country.........i m sure you might be having some indian freinds on this site........if you have some info or get any , , please tell me then.........in india most of the people just use IEMs or earphones that come by default with their mobiles and they sound crap.......its  just when my dad bought me IEMs when he visited london my desperation for high end IEM was developed...............so if you get any info of any seller in india please immediately post it

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #29 of 46

Quote:
Yello...actually i live in India(should have guessed from my name 
wink_face.gif
)...and i dont know how to contact musica acoustics..........do you have some info about retailers selling DDM in my country.........i m sure you might be having some indian freinds on this site........if you have some info or get any , , please tell me then.........in india most of the people just use IEMs or earphones that come by default with their mobiles and they sound crap.......its  just when my dad bought me IEMs when he visited london my desperation for high end IEM was developed...............so if you get any info of any seller in india please immediately post it

Oh India!!!!  I just read that you are looking for IEM in UK so I assumed that...

P.S. DDM is very rare Japanese IEM and I am not sure you can get one in India. There are only few retailers selling this things in the world.  Dimitry from Musicaacoustics.com is one of them.
I got mine from MA. They ship worldwide. Contact him for quotes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back