No more debts!!!
Nov 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #61 of 64
Although extremely irresponsible wouldn't it be more fun to be in debt for over a million dollars at the time of your death!
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #62 of 64
Quote:

Although extremely irresponsible wouldn't it be more fun to be in debt for over a million dollars at the time of your death!

Yeah, though kind of hard to do unless you die young or have the debt secured by other assets. Who is going to lend an 80 year old $1M ?

May 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #64 of 64
I understand that many here are young and will make the mistake of taking on debt. Surely most of it in 2013 is student college loan debt, truly an evil thing.

That said many of us buy as we go and appear to be loaded and running up the credit when we just manage our affairs well.

don't have many of the expenses many of you have, so I thus have a monthly budget for audio, music and headfi that is over $800. I don't have any other expenses, really.

Retirement is secure, if very modest. I just get by with much less than most and did not need that $2 million nest egg financial advisers insisted you needed (so they can collect decades of fees as they manage it).

So for you younger guys it's a matter of priorities and not accruing the big debts in life - mortgage on a too large house, student loans, credit cards, auto payments, alimony, child support, and other marriage related debts.

You, too, can retire at 47 and do what you want, and buy 2 pair of new headphones a month if you set about doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back