No more debts!!!
Nov 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

ronnielee54

Headphoneus Supremus
Not bragging but had to tell someone. Did not really want to share news with co-workers, but just this last month at the age of 55, I became 100% debt free. House, cars, credit cards all paid off. Can't begain to explain how good this feels.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 64
Congratulations!!! That is an accomplishment that most strive their whole lives for.

Now go buy a new amp. "Welcome to Head-Fi, Good for your Wallet" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 64
Nice. My wife and I have all our CC debt paid off, we have one car payment that is finished next spring, and our mortgage. We're now putting the extra funds not going to CC on the house payments, and looking at refinancing. Feels good just to have no CC debt, I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have a house paid for.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have a house paid for.

It feels awsome. My wife is able to put her entire check in the credit union and we live on mine.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 64
Congrats! Heh. I'm still 24 so I don't wanna start thinking bout all this yet though. LOL

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!!! I got rid of my credit cards over 20 years ago. No debt here. Nice 2B on the same page with you...Rick

No mortgage? I wouldn't be able to survive without credit cards. I just pay them in full every month.

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 64
Congrats! My goal as well, but still have a ways to go. I'm 35 so I'm actually just going into the acquisition phase, statistically speaking. I hope not to acquire too much
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No mortgage? I wouldn't be able to survive without credit cards. I just pay them in full every month.

You have to have credit cards these days if you want to fly, rent a car, or a motel room. I just pay them in full also.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #12 of 64
nice... congrats!!

the only debt my family has is the mortgage. but we bought in NYC about five years ago, and even in the middle of the current real estate crash, we could still turn around and sell our place for nearly 40% more than what we bought it for. plus, our monthly payments are less than what we would pay in rent for a similar apartment.

so a worthwhile debt, in our case.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #14 of 64
Congratulations!

At 19, I hope to follow in your debt-free footsteps
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #15 of 64
Congratulations! It felt good paying off my car this year I can't imagine the feeling of paying off a house.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back