No love for Sony XB 700?
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #106 of 170

Quote:
Already bought the XB500, should be here in about 1-2 weeks. Got them for $60US or so on ebay, hopefully they are what I am after!

Will post how everything goes down when I get them including a comparison

Ouch.  Hopefully you get one of the few real pairs out there and not one of the millions of fake Chinese pairs circulating around on eBay.  And by fake I mean one that looks real and would be very difficult to tell apart from a real headphone.

Especially considering that you actually paid more than retail price. =/

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #107 of 170
Yea, I'd never order from ebay, unless it's well respected seller (with lots of feedback and close to 100% positive feedback) at a great price (10~15% lower), in this case $60 is quite expensive, they go for 50 ~ $60 in other US based online shops too. In Finland the cheapest online store sells these for a shocking low 37 EUR now, usually finnish headphone prices is the same in EUR as you pay in USD and for certain models we pay even more in EUR than what you pay in USD (conversion not taken into account), just the price figure.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #108 of 170
Actually as I live in Australia, GotNoRice, $60US is a saving of $40 considering what it would cost me from b&h after shipping costs.

Headphones in Australia are stupidly expensive compared to amazon and b&h.

In fact most retailers here have them for about $100 before shipping

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #110 of 170
I recieved Sony XB500 a week ago. Compared them to XB700 in the shop and preffered XB500 because they had better impact on the bass and reached enough low for my taste. Eventhought XB700 goes lower.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #111 of 170
I just bought these today at the sony style shop. WOW they are tremendously fun cans right out of the box!. They make a perfect companion to my mdr-7506 (bright). psytrance sounds amazing through these.
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #113 of 170
Why does enjoying the XB700 have to be a guilty pleasure 
blink.gif
? If you feel that way about them, I would say that your listening experience should be more enjoyable and refreshing than with any other pair of headphones.

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #115 of 170

Quote:
you are probably right
biggrin.gif
, I'm team sony basshead from now on...
beerchug.gif

You can say that again. I absolutely love my XB-700's (especially paired with my Fiio E7), I can't wait to get my hands on the XB-1000's! I bought some Sennheiser HD 595's a couple of weeks ago and to be honest, to my ears the XB-700's sound better in all departments (I know some people will hate me for saying that). I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the HD 595's, and I don't think I will be leaving team sony basshead anytime soon.  (The senns are still in their return period, and I am sending them back on monday.)

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #116 of 170

Quote:
Quote:
you are probably right
biggrin.gif
, I'm team sony basshead from now on...
beerchug.gif

You can say that again. I absolutely love my XB-700's (especially paired with my Fiio E7), I can't wait to get my hands on the XB-1000's! I bought some Sennheiser HD 595's a couple of weeks ago and to be honest, to my ears the XB-700's sound better in all departments (I know some people will hate me for saying that). I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the HD 595's, and I don't think I will be leaving team sony basshead anytime soon.  (The senns are still in their return period, and I am sending them back on monday.)

You will probably not find many headphones that can deliver that kind of bass, unless its another Sony XB!
biggrin.gif
I'm very interested in the XB1000 also
it doesn't matter how much a pair of headphones cost, or brand, it is how much you like them. I have a friend who owns several of the top headphones (HD800, edition 8, PS1000) and they do sound wonderful, but not enough to make me lose any sleep for not having them right away... I purchased a sr225i recently and I'm getting at least 90% SQ of the top of the line Grado sound, I know I might get flamed but its true to my ears.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #117 of 170
Looks like I might jump onto the XB700 bandwagon! Alas, I'm only 17 and my parents know I already have like 2 other headphones and like 3 other headsets, but I mean it's not like I don't use them all .. :p I hope to maybe hopefully get a Little Dot I+ and just go to bass heaven.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #119 of 170
I'm also an XB-700 owner....
...had these beauties for around 8 months now, and never heard such clarity from ANY other headphones!!

first of all...the sound. WOW. 3watt, 50mm drive units delivering stunning bass ranging from an incredible 4hZ (below the human hearing capability!) to treble hitting an incredible 28kHZ! (WAY in excess of hearing ability!)  These headphones deliver the most crisp high frequencies imaginable, there is no hissing or sense of "pushing limits" with them, they just deliver and deliver and leave you with a nice case of tinnitis! lol

The bass output will literally shake off your earlobes! enough volume, some Tinie Tempah etc, and you've got a perfect ear massage going on! the bass delivery is powerful, yet very refined. If you are using a decent audio source (ie, anything BUT an ipod or Windows Media Player) you are in for a treat! the only way you can mess up the sound quality is by playing with equalizers when you're completely tone deaf...

The build quality; EXCEPTIONAL. Cast plastic chassis' supporting the drive units mean that there are no nasty rattles, they are ported at the back (behind the headband to prevent obstruction) and are backed in well finished silver plastic.The earpads are made from a marshmallow soft, leather wrapped foam which makes them feel beautiful and soft on your ears; backed with the soft padding across the top of the band, they feel completely weightless! (despite weighing in at nearly quarter a kilo!)
The side parts of the headband mech are made of laser-cut aluminium, and offer a very solid feel.   i was actually in an accident in which i was (fortunately!) wearing these headphones, and they managed to stop a solid metal bar passing through the top of my head at 30mph! despite being knocked out and waking up in a puddle of blood, the headphones only suffered a tear in the leather and a bit of scuffing on the right-side of the band. all reviews saying these feel "fragile" or "brittle"....are talking utter SH**E! lol

So, to sum up these eardrum blasting, wallet busting, life saving (literally) headphones, i would score them 10 out of 10 without a doubt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back