NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #646 of 1,648
A few weeks into having a Piety here...and AB'ing between the Vali 2 + is a really close call here. Both are excellent and sound similar...no verbose flowery adjectives or talks of plankton and the like. Either one does the job very well. Power wise they are close. In the realm of real world safe listening. I will keep both at rotate from time to time and enjoy the wonders of both amps, and swap thru a bunch of tubes, just because its "cool" and I can! Good Schiit here!

Biggest improvement im noticing is with dynamics compressed music, helps pull apart the sound and give it a little bit of space/air it desperately needs.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #647 of 1,648
Ok, after several more days of burn in, my impression has changed somewhat. My impression is, as Zero alluded to the possibility, that the sound has changed. While the amp has been burning in for several more days, I have not listened to it until today. I have to say that the roughness I perceived earlier seems to be pretty much gone. I think I may have heard a little rough edged sound once or twice, but I was paying close attention and even then, not 100% sure that I heard it. Surprisingly, the amp sounds a little smoother and nimble. Sounds really nice with an enjoyable open sound that is somewhat lively and on the warm side of neutral to me. I only managed about half way to 7 or so on the amp dial when setting the tablet to 100%. I could not tolerate it for more than a few minutes at 7:00 (on high gain, which I prefer). Was a little too loud for my tastes.

I'll probably sell it, as I still prefer the SW51+ (as the mids are better and the voices seem to have more power/depth/vibrancy), but, honestly, it's closer than I would have guessed. If I had never heard the SW51+, I probably would have been content with the Piety. It's really good.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #648 of 1,648
Ok, after several more days of burn in, my impression has changed somewhat. My impression is, as Zero alluded to the possibility, that the sound has changed. While the amp has been burning in for several more days, I have not listened to it until today. I have to say that the roughness I perceived earlier seems to be pretty much gone. I think I may have heard a little rough edged sound once or twice, but I was paying close attention and even then, not 100% sure that I heard it. Surprisingly, the amp sounds a little smoother and nimble. Sounds really nice with an enjoyable open sound that is somewhat lively and on the warm side of neutral to me. I only managed about half way to 7 or so on the amp dial when setting the tablet to 100%. I could not tolerate it for more than a few minutes at 7:00 (on high gain, which I prefer). Was a little too loud for my tastes.

I'll probably sell it, as I still prefer the SW51+ (as the mids are better and the voices seem to have more power/depth/vibrancy), but, honestly, it's closer than I would have guessed. If I had never heard the SW51+, I probably would have been content with the Piety. It's really good.
I also don't notice that fuzziness as much anymore. And took issue with the volume as well, needing to reduce volume up the chain. I really like it but more powerful amps tend to sound more full bodied, dynamic, natural, and flow-y imo.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #650 of 1,648
WTB Piety

Yes, I've posted in the Classifieds but the few that have come up for sale disappear immediately. So, thinking proactively...

If any Piety owner's curiosity is already satisfied and you're planning to sell your amp, please send me a PM--thanks!

Link to my trader feedback

Someone get this man a Piety!

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #651 of 1,648
- Modi Multibit 2 Update -

Posted on Dec. 12
Loki Max silver is available now. Crappy photo for now. Good photography to follow in a week or so.

(This is not the promised announcement(s). That'll be on Wednesday. If they both happen.)

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #653 of 1,648
- Modi Multibit 2 Update -

Posted on Dec. 12
Not so sure about it since he also mentioned that even though they found one extra box of chips, there is no DSP chip to go with them. Therefore, it will be mid next year or something like that.

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #655 of 1,648
Not so sure about it since he also mentioned that even though they found one extra box of chips, there is no DSP chip to go with them. Therefore, it will be mid next year or something like that.
I think he was talking only about a new multibit 2 with unison usb module for amps that have a slot for it. Still think the Modi Multibit 2 is coming Wed

Dec 13, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #657 of 1,648
I think the main benefit of this amp for me is being able to get a "tubey" sound and keeping it on all the time without having to worry about tube wear.

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #658 of 1,648
This is such a fantastic little amp! I'm so impressed. Definitely one of the best Schiit amps I've heard. I think this beats out my Lyr 3!

Mmmm.... I wouldn't go that far. :sweat_smile:

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #659 of 1,648
This is such a fantastic little amp! I'm so impressed. Definitely one of the best Schiit amps I've heard. I think this beats out my Lyr 3!
Mmmm.... I wouldn't go that far. :sweat_smile:
LOL was going to say, AT THE MOMENT I think Lyr 3 is still better to my ears.

But I haven't put in that many hours into Piety yet so maybe I need to burn in more. Will report back at a later date lol.

Sorry to sidetrack a little bit, @XERO1 I currently have Lawton TH900, previously I had Vali 2+ and now Lyr 3 and Piety. Would you suggest I get the Liquid Platinum next LOL? For reference I like really upfront female vocal, thanks!

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #660 of 1,648
Sorry to sidetrack a little bit, @XERO1 I currently have Lawton TH900, previously I had Vali 2+ and now Lyr 3 and Piety. Would you suggest I get the Liquid Platinum next LOL? For reference I like really upfront female vocal, thanks!

With a great set of NOS tubes like Amperex PQ's, the Liquid Platinum is an incredibly good sounding amp (especially now that they're on sale for $499). But I can only recommend it if you are only going to use it's balanced output. Unfortunately, it's SE output as some audible hum that is impossible to get rid of (and it doesn't sound nearly as good as it's balanced out does). This is a common problem with all of the balanced Cavalli amps that I've heard. But it's balanced output is dead quiet. To put it in perspective, I preferred the sound of the LP over the Mjolnir 2 when I had them both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back