NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #286 of 1,640
This was a run of a 1000 so there will be ones that come up on the classifieds and I bet soon. I don't think they will be that hard to acquire over time. 1000 units is a lot to circulate in the marketplace over the years.

This is a hobby of boredom and restlessness so have no despair if you missed out!

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #288 of 1,640
This was a run of a 1000 so there will be ones that come up on the classifieds and I bet soon. I don't think they will be that hard to acquire over time. 1000 units is a lot to circulate in the marketplace over the years.

This is a hobby of boredom and restlessness so have no despair if you missed out!
Yeah totally agree with this, I think a lot of us bought it because "why not" and not because we really need another amp (or do we? LOL).

So sooner or later some of us who already had higher amp probably would sell them off.

Might just need a bit of patience.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #291 of 1,640
I wanted to listen for a while before giving brief impressions, I’ll be real with you guys so I’ll start with saying the differences between Magni+ and Piety aren’t night and day, still I think the differences are still there.

Piety has a very slightly splashy lower treble M+ is more refined and maybe more detailed

Piety feels like it’s missing some deep bass rumble and not as controlled compared M+

M+ soundstage is a tad smaller and less open than Piety

M+ mids are a little less forward and cleaner but Piety is more forward but also more fluid.

I’ll update once I’ve had a lot more time on them both.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #292 of 1,640
I wanted to listen for a while before giving brief impressions, I’ll be real with you guys so I’ll start with saying the differences between Magni+ and Piety aren’t night and day, still I think the differences are still there.

Piety has a very slightly splashy lower treble M+ is more refined and maybe more detailed

Piety feels like it’s missing some deep bass rumble and not as controlled compared M+

M+ soundstage is a tad smaller and less open than Piety

M+ mids are a little less forward and cleaner but Piety is more forward but also more fluid.

I’ll update once I’ve had a lot more time on them both.
Hmm, looks like similar characteristics to a tube-amp. Interesting to hear that the differences aren't night and day. Is it safe to say you have to actively listen to hear the differences? Regardless, thanks for the impressions!

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #293 of 1,640
Lyr+ is supposedly in the same ballpark. And you also have different sound profile with tube/notube.

Just got an Email from NITSCH that my Piety should arrive within a week. Its seems that thus far those who've heard the Piety
see it as an excellent match with the Sennheiser HD650 (HD6XX). I hope so since this headphone is my primary reason for
getting a Piety.

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #294 of 1,640
Hmm, looks like similar characteristics to a tube-amp. Interesting to hear that the differences aren't night and day. Is it safe to say you have to actively listen to hear the differences? Regardless, thanks for the impressions!

At lower volumes yes but medium to high and the piety soundstage seems to keep getting bigger and sound more engaging where as M+ sounds the same at all volumes.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #296 of 1,640
The thing with quick reviews is it discounts any possible burn-in. Mine won’t arrive for another week, I’ll be interested if anyone notices any change. Can’t remember a burn-in on my Magni but it’s been a while.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #297 of 1,640
If I'm not mistaken I've seen pictures of it inside the case. You can see it from the vent hole.

Unless I was looking at other Magni. :thinking:
1669666580180.png

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #298 of 1,640
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #299 of 1,640
My Magni Piety (aka the MagPie) arrived today. The Sys isn't in the chain at the moment - I had to buy the little black box to the right off of Amazon to accommodate the Vali 2++, the MagPie, and the Magni 3+. I'll be enjoying music through the 'pie with my HD650's this evening. Later in the week or weekend I'll do some close listening and comparing the amp's audio in my Sundaras and the Sennheisers. I'm also waiting for my Freya N. It'll be paired with the Asgard 3 and Lokius in another room, and I'll likely take the 'pie over to that stack. I'm curous as to how it will sound with the audio fed through the Freya's variuous stages and enhanced with the Lokius.

What a great time to be a Schiit-head!

My wife said "no more this year". I'm assuming she meant "calendar year"! (I'm being a little facetious. We both have our hobbies and we encourage each other to indulge. We work to live, not live to work).

Attachments

• SchiitStack.jpg
    SchiitStack.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #300 of 1,640
My Magni Piety (aka the MagPie) arrived today. The Sys isn't in the chain at the moment - I had to buy the little black box to the right off of Amazon to accommodate the Vali 2++, the MagPie, and the Magni 3+. I'll be enjoying music through the 'pie with my HD650's this evening. Later in the week or weekend I'll do some close listening and comparing the amp's audio in my Sundaras and the Sennheisers. I'm also waiting for my Freya N. It'll be paired with the Asgard 3 and Lokius in another room, and I'll likely take the 'pie over to that stack. I'm curous as to how it will sound with the audio fed through the Freya's variuous stages and enhanced with the Lokius.

What a great time to be a Schiit-head!

My wife said "no more this year". I'm assuming she meant "calendar year"! (I'm being a little facetious. We both have our hobbies and we encourage each other to indulge. We work to live, not live to work).
Sweet 😋 Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back