NIN: The Slip - Free High Resolution!!!!
May 5, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 96
Took 4 hours before the email arrived (not exactly momentarily).
Currently downloading the WAVE files at 0.5KB/s. Might be down by the end of the week.

Should not complain though, as its free and legal.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope this trend catches on
biggrin.gif

Amen to that. It's a very cool move. I was expecting an album announcement today followed by the usual hype. Instead, bam, new album, free...heck, this made my Monday actually semi-interesting.

May 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #21 of 96
Wow...........vintage Trent is back!

You get 6-7 solid tracks that sound like a follow-up to Downward Spiral album, Trent is pissed again, some great aggro and mid tempo tracks. Album closes with nice aggro track "demon seed" that has a nice fade in/out central section mind trip before building to a powerful climax

Then we have 3-4 slow atmospheric/ballad tracks that sound like they came from previous Ghost album to fill things out, not my cup of tea but that is what track advance control is for
redface.gif

I do like the very dark "four of us are dying" track, makes a nice intro or outro piece and here sets us up final track "demon seed"

Like colonelkernel8 said a big step up from Ghosts!

May 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #22 of 96
i finished downloading the wav torrent a few hours ago, its was gonig at a decent (200k) but not amazing spped like i was expecting it to be. it does sound very good though

May 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #24 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand a thing about this "torrent" thing. I would like Apple Lossless. I read the torrent information but I don't get it. Is there anyway to just get this in Apple Lossless format?

Download the program "utorrent" from µTorrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client and open the torrent file with that application. The apple lossless version will then start downloading.

May 6, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #25 of 96
this makes up for the disappointment i felt with year zero

May 6, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #26 of 96
Hmm... I've never really listened much to NIN, but I'm liking this. The lossless quality is a plus.
smily_headphones1.gif
So is the whole "free" pricetag.
biggrin.gif

And I'm really liking that "lights in the sky" track. Really mellow.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #28 of 96
Being the uber geek and audiophile that I am I downloaded the 24/96 wav files downsampled them to 24/48. After that I converted them to mp4 apple lossless files and added all of the id3 info back including the album art and lyrics. Now I have an apple lossless 24/48 version of the album so to take full advantage of my ipods capabilities.
eek.gif
580smile.gif
If anyone wants me to rar the files up and put them on rapidshare I would be happy to do so although the album is like ~520 mg now. I pretty sure is completely leagle to share these files with it being under the creative commons license.

May 6, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #30 of 96
Wow, I'm surprised at how fast it's downloading. I'm downloading the 24/96 version and it's only taken about 20 mins or so. It's good to know that a lot of people are leaving their torrent open after they finished theirs. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back