NIN: The Slip - Free High Resolution!!!!
May 6, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #31 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I'm surprised at how fast it's downloading. I'm downloading the 24/96 version and it's only taken about 20 mins or so. It's good to know that a lot of people are leaving their torrent open after they finished theirs. Awesome.

Probably because there isn't that guilt factor that is associated with downloading illegal content.

May 6, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #32 of 96
Just got it! Got the email pretty much instantaneously, and downloading the MP3 zip file just took slightly more than 1 minute. Very nice!

Haven't been listening to NIN for quite a few years now - so this is a good marketing move and great for music fans overall!

Been listening to the first few tracks - sounds quite accessible, more so that the last few albums I heard including the Fragile.

May 6, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #33 of 96
This is a great album! If they released this on CD, I surely might have bought it. I'm curious to know if they are ever gonna release this on any physical format and what their intention was behind all this.

May 6, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #34 of 96
ALAC took me ~8 minutes to DL, I think...my DL wasn't max'd out at 1.4Mbps until about half-way through the download..

The High Def took ~90 min; I never max'd out my DL on this torrent. I think the peak DL rate was ~780Kbps about 2/3 of the way through.. Oh, & I'm enjoying the album so far!! Thanks Trent!

May 6, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #35 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a great album! If they released this on CD, I surely might have bought it. I'm curious to know if they are ever gonna release this on any physical format and what their intention was behind all this.

yep, they plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in July

May 6, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #36 of 96
I had never really listened to NIN much in the past. Recently, however, I watched a video that had been going around the internet for a while that featured a NIN song on it: "Just Like You Imagined". I kinda got hooked on the song, so I decided to give some other stuff a listen. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about most of Trent's music, but some of it is actually pretty good.

I decided to download this album just for the heck of it. Even if i don't like it, it was worth the download. Maybe if other bands see that it's a success they'll end up doing it as well. Radiohead's release of In Rainbows on the internet and the "pay what you feel it's worth" approach was really cool, I thought. It's a really great "up yours" to the record industry, and if it continues they'll hopefully see the need to change their business model and their approach to the internet and the fans.

The industry really has a way with ripping off artists and stripping them of their creativity. It's pretty sad when an art like music is treated as a commodity rather than as a medium of expression. Sure, the artists should be able to make a handsome living off of their music, but when executives are the ones walking away with most of the profit from album sales, there's a serious problem.

May 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #37 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being the uber geek and audiophile that I am I downloaded the 24/96 wav files downsampled them to 24/48. After that I converted them to mp4 apple lossless files and added all of the id3 info back including the album art and lyrics. Now I have an apple lossless 24/48 version of the album so to take full advantage of my ipods capabilities.
eek.gif
580smile.gif
If anyone wants me to rar the files up and put them on rapidshare I would be happy to do so although the album is like ~520 mg now. I pretty sure is completely leagle to share these files with it being under the creative commons license.

I've already asked but whats the replaygain of the 24bit copy? i'd be interested in a rapidshare copy if its better than the flac/mp3 version (-9.23 album gain)

May 6, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #38 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had never really listened to NIN much in the past. Recently, however, I watched a video that had been going around the internet for a while that featured a NIN song on it: "Just Like You Imagined". I kinda got hooked on the song, so I decided to give some other stuff a listen. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about most of Trent's music, but some of it is actually pretty good.

Nin is the type of band which you first dont really like, secondly you are not sure how to feel about it and finally (this might take quite long) you start liking it, a lot
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #39 of 96
Blargh. I got the 24/96 but I seem to be getting some crackling in the left channel predominantly, but some in the right, on my dac being fed the signal. I'm not sure if it's the dac or if this Diamond XS71 just sucks at sending the feed.

May 6, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #40 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being the uber geek and audiophile that I am I downloaded the 24/96 wav files downsampled them to 24/48. After that I converted them to mp4 apple lossless files and added all of the id3 info back including the album art and lyrics. Now I have an apple lossless 24/48 version of the album so to take full advantage of my ipods capabilities.
eek.gif
580smile.gif
If anyone wants me to rar the files up and put them on rapidshare I would be happy to do so although the album is like ~520 mg now. I pretty sure is completely leagle to share these files with it being under the creative commons license.

Damn, you're throughal.

May 6, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #41 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnooP_WiggleS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already asked but whats the replaygain of the 24bit copy? i'd be interested in a rapidshare copy if its better than the flac/mp3 version (-9.23 album gain)

I'll check mine when I get home.

May 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #42 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nin is the type of band which you first dont really like, secondly you are not sure how to feel about it and finally (this might take quite long) you start liking it, a lot
wink.gif

Oh right... I must have gone about it all wrong getting into them straight away all those years ago...
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #43 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh right... I must have gone about it all wrong getting into them straight away all those years ago...
rolleyes.gif

Well, this is of course depending on the person, but I found that especially albums like the downward spiral and the fragile took quite a few listens before i actually started liking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back