NIN: The Slip - Free High Resolution!!!!
May 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

mcmurray

100+ Head-Fier
Trent has been a busy boy!!!

nin.com [download]- the slip

"as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.

for those of you interested in physical products, fear not. we plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in july. details coming soon.
"

24/96, I'm speechless. I'll convert this to 24bit flac and upload as a torrent if anyone wants.

May 5, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 96
Yeah I just got it (the mp3 versions, I thought the download was going to be slow and wanted it as quickly as possible, actually average 1.3mb/s ). It's a great album.

May 5, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 96
Yeah I got the MP3s in single minute. Corona Radiata is very interesting (listening to it now). So far 1,000,000 caught me the most, though.

May 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 96
I would have thought that NIN would release this as a 24bit flac, WAV is gonna be huge
smily_headphones1.gif
At least the mac guys will be happy this way.

May 5, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuseMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this an instrumental album like Ghosts?

I haven't gotten around to listening to it as I'm about to go to bed and don't wanna get all riled up, but I hear it's got 2 or 3 instrumental tracks. Digg has been keeping people up-to-date on radio and other releases of tracks for a few weeks, and the 2 previously released tracks were vocal and amazing.

May 5, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 96
Quote:

24/96, I'm speechless. I'll convert this to 24bit flac and upload as a torrent if anyone wants.

I wonder if its a different master, otherwise i fail to see much point going 24bit since the flac version is usual compressed as (-9.23 album replayagain). Anyways just listening now, like it so far, and free is awesome.

May 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 96
No it's not entirely instrumental, but there are instrumental tracks in it.

May 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 96
Thanks for the information and link.
I'm heading over to download the 24/96 version.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have thought that NIN would release this as a 24bit flac, WAV is gonna be huge
smily_headphones1.gif
At least the mac guys will be happy this way.

How do we Mac users differ in this part from MS Windows, GNU/Linux, *BSD, .. users?

May 5, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #13 of 96
I just started the WAV download. Is anyone else experiencing somewhat slow torrent speeds? I'd expect something like 800 kb/s but I'm getting about 170 right now.
edit: Now I'm down to about 70
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back