Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
May 24, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #1,277 of 1,782
I have read that the fuse is soldered in so that it is a little more complicated than snapping a fuse out and in. This works for me as I find the Niimbus good as is. I replaced all my other fuses with Synergistic Research purple fuses accept for my tuner and Niimbus. I may or may not do my tuner but I am happy with the results of the purple fuses in all of my electronics.

May 24, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #1,278 of 1,782
I have read that the fuse is soldered in so that it is a little more complicated than snapping a fuse out and in. This works for me as I find the Niimbus good as is. I replaced all my other fuses with Synergistic Research purple fuses accept for my tuner and Niimbus. I may or may not do my tuner but I am happy with the results of the purple fuses in all of my electronics.
then I won't consider the niimbus. I have audio magic and sr purple in my system. I won't accept any manufacturer making their products being difficult to replace fuse.

even not for upgrading. if the stock fuse burnt, I have to send it back to the manufacturer to repair?just for replacing the fuse?

May 24, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #1,279 of 1,782
Good decision. There are too many "connaiseurs" with their magic fuses who instead of managing the eletrical installation inside their house and the overall power management of their setup, think their magic fuse does all the wonder.
And some of them do it even wrong and then claim warranty.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #1,282 of 1,782
I am enjoying the Niimbus 5 pro amp. I notice that with the remote control that when I turn down the volume with the remote that the volume appears to go louder for a second as I turn down the volume. Is this normal? When I turn down the volume manually with the volume nob I don’t have this issue.

May 28, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #1,284 of 1,782
Depending on the gain and the sensivity of the headphone you can experience a slight initial overshoot.

May 29, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,285 of 1,782
Guys. I just my Niimbus US 5 Pro on sale. I am getting so busy atm that I could not spend enough time to enjoy this gem. Letting it go for someone who really need it.

Check my listing. Very reasonable price. If you are interested, pm me.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #1,286 of 1,782
Guys. I just my Niimbus US 5 Pro on sale. I am getting so busy atm that I could not spend enough time to enjoy this gem. Letting it go for someone who really need it.

Nice price.

maybe worth mentioning it in the susvara thread

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,287 of 1,782

I purchased this! It's unbelievable how good it is. I have the Auralic Taurus MKII which I love but the Niimbus (with the same DAC/Streamer in place) gives a wider stage, deeper bass, and is just smoother without losing resolution. Only had it a bit but this is a top notch solid state amp. And the volume knob... just so nice. It does have that scratchy click thing that I've seen others discuss but its not really an issue - I don't notice it at all when playing music. Maybe if nothing is playing but I don't really adjust volume that much.

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #1,288 of 1,782
I purchased this! It's unbelievable how good it is. I have the Auralic Taurus MKII which I love but the Niimbus (with the same DAC/Streamer in place) gives a wider stage, deeper bass, and is just smoother without losing resolution. Only had it a bit but this is a top notch solid state amp. And the volume knob... just so nice. It does have that scratchy click thing that I've seen others discuss but its not really an issue - I don't notice it at all when playing music. Maybe if nothing is playing but I don't really adjust volume that much.
Next step susvaras? :)

Jun 7, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #1,290 of 1,782
Haha not sure the next step - maybe the TC... I also think ZMF headphones would pair nicely with this amp and I've been missing that sound signature ever since I had to sell my Eikons last year.
Come tube pre + TC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back