Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Jan 7, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #1,218 of 1,749
The issue I had with Eeprom not working on my unit has been remedied by Jack the owner of theaudiobarn.co.uk.
They let me keep hold of the unit with the problematic Eeprom that would not hold my settings after a power cycle while I waited for a replacement.
They sent out the replacement yesterday and at the same time had the courier pick up the other unit.
No down time from using a Niimbus which I was dreading having to do after hearing it and knowing how rare these things are and what the waiting list is like for them to be produced.

Have to say I feel he has went above and beyond from communication to how everything has been handled.
I do not want to look shilly I just want to share my experience. I am over the moon with how this has been handled.

Jan 16, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #1,221 of 1,749
Jan 16, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #1,226 of 1,749
Because the balanced topology ensure better Sinad! and fully balanced chain is not "noise" sensitive...

"A small number of audio products have been designed with an entirely balanced signal path from input to output; the circuitry maintains its impedance balance throughout the device. This design is achieved by providing identical (mirrored) internal signal paths for both the "hot" and "cold" conductors. In critical applications, a 100% balanced circuit design can offer better signal integrity by avoiding the extra amplifier stages or transformers required for front-end unbalancing and back-end rebalancing"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back