Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Aug 25, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #857 of 1,782
Aug 26, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #858 of 1,782
Man, that sucked. That's the best you got? Maybe tryout Dad jokes. LOL.
That wasn’t a dad joke.
(I have heaps of those).

this was one of things that would repetitively come up in my marketing lectures (early 1990’s) as cultural differences that needed to be considered in a global market.

so according to our lecturers you would rarely find 4 packs of golf balls on sale in some asian countries for that simple fact.

Aug 26, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #859 of 1,782
That wasn’t a dad joke.
(I have heaps of those).

this was one of things that would repetitively come up in my marketing lectures (early 1990’s) as cultural differences that needed to be considered in a global market.

so according to our lecturers you would rarely find 4 packs of golf balls on sale in some asian countries for that simple fact.
Interesting. I thought you were making a joke regarding the golf balls when you added fun fact.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #861 of 1,782
Some information regarding the naming of the Niimbus US 4 versus US5.

I had gone to see Arthur at Power Holdings to return a streamer that I had demoed and he had mentioned the comments he had seen on the forum regarding the two amps. He said that the amps are the same (except the addition of the 6.3 mm output) and the only reason why the name change was due to the Asian market. The number 4 in Chinese is associated with death, and so they changed the model number.

I remember when I used to travel to Hong Kong on business many years ago that they had done that with car model numbers as well. The Alfa Romeo 164 was changed to 168. The Mercedes 420 was a also changed to another model number, but I don't remember what it was changed to.

I googled this and this is what I found:
The number four is considered unlucky because it sounds a lot like the word for “death,” and as a result Chinese buildings often lack a fourth floor (just as American buildings sometimes skip the 13th). Likewise, Chinese drivers avoid license plates ending in four.

Btw, I saw he had one unsold Niimbus if anyone was looking for one.
All I want now is the new Violectric Nimbus 444 "Death" model.

And I'm not gonna supply a doctor's note to buy it, either...

Aug 26, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #866 of 1,782
All I want now is the new Violectric Nimbus 444 "Death" model.

And I'm not gonna supply a doctor's note to buy it, either...
And it must: pump out 4.4 watts per channel regardless of headphone impedance, weigh 20 kilograms (44 lbs), and have only 4-pin XLR sockets for headphones. 😆👹….

Aug 26, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #867 of 1,782
They did add the pentaconn 4.4mm connector.

maybe they call it the pentaconn .173 inch connector

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #870 of 1,782
I should have mine on Monday. It will run an LCD4 headphones and an Abyss 1266 Phi TC headphones.
You’ll love it

next stop: susvara town???

(sell the lcdx and auralic taurus and help fund the susvara purchase - that’s roughly what i did)

of course ymmv
:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back