Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #842 of 1,758
Actually I’m on my way to Arthur‘s house shortly to drop something off. That is if I can wade through the water here.
Bring your raincoat!

Aug 22, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #847 of 1,758
This is how rumours start

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #851 of 1,758
Don’t listen to the people with a tinfoil hats. There’s nothing wrong with the amp. If you have any concerns at all, address it with where you purchased it from, and not the “experts” on this forum.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #852 of 1,758
I second here. What did he mean by that? Why is it a mess compared to what?

He might just not like the overall confusion which might have been caused with the introduction of the latest models, without any bigger announcement. I also remember him not liking the marketing and maybe naming scheme.

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #853 of 1,758
The US5 Pro brings the soundstage closer compared to the US4 with my DAC it creates a wall of sound at times.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #854 of 1,758
Some information regarding the naming of the Niimbus US 4 versus US5.

I had gone to see Arthur at Power Holdings to return a streamer that I had demoed and he had mentioned the comments he had seen on the forum regarding the two amps. He said that the amps are the same (except the addition of the 6.3 mm output) and the only reason why the name change was due to the Asian market. The number 4 in Chinese is associated with death, and so they changed the model number.

I remember when I used to travel to Hong Kong on business many years ago that they had done that with car model numbers as well. The Alfa Romeo 164 was changed to 168. The Mercedes 420 was a also changed to another model number, but I don't remember what it was changed to.

I googled this and this is what I found:
The number four is considered unlucky because it sounds a lot like the word for “death,” and as a result Chinese buildings often lack a fourth floor (just as American buildings sometimes skip the 13th). Likewise, Chinese drivers avoid license plates ending in four.

Btw, I saw he had one unsold Niimbus if anyone was looking for one.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #855 of 1,758
Some information regarding the naming of the Niimbus US 4 versus US5.

I had gone to see Arthur at Power Holdings to return a streamer that I had demoed and he had mentioned the comments he had seen on the forum regarding the two amps. He said that the amps are the same (except the addition of the 6.3 mm output) and the only reason why the name change was due to the Asian market. The number 4 in Chinese is associated with death, and so they changed the model number.

I remember when I used to travel to Hong Kong on business many years ago that they had done that with car model numbers as well. The Alfa Romeo 164 was changed to 168. The Mercedes 420 was a also changed to another model number, but I don't remember what it was changed to.

I googled this and this is what I found:
The number four is considered unlucky because it sounds a lot like the word for “death,” and as a result Chinese buildings often lack a fourth floor (just as American buildings sometimes skip the 13th). Likewise, Chinese drivers avoid license plates ending in four.

Btw, I saw he had one unsold Niimbus if anyone was looking for one.
And it’s not useful to sell 4 packs of golf balls there either (fun fact, they tell me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back