Nightjar Singularity
Mar 5, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #181 of 205
Received my regular edition set of Nightjar Singularity yesterday after placing my order a week ago -- they arrived faster than expected in NYC from Singapore.

I haven't done any ear tip swapping yet, but my first impressions with the Chord Mojo 2 and Poly as my source are very positive. I will eventually compare them to my Sony IER-M9s, which have been my go-to IEMs for the last 2 years or so, but my initial take is that the Singularity is a significant upgrade.
Very excited to hear your take on the M9 compared to Singularity.

I would agree that Singularity is a better IEM overall, but M9 is a great monitor and my most repurchased set yet (3 times lol) just because of it's very accurate monitor-like tuning.

Cheers,

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #182 of 205
Very excited to hear your take on the M9 compared to Singularity.

I would agree that Singularity is a better IEM overall, but M9 is a great monitor and my most repurchased set yet (3 times lol) just because of it's very accurate monitor-like tuning.

As I alluded to before, my bedside setup these days consists of the Chord Mojo 2 + Poly and either the Singularity or the IER-M9. Once I’ve picked one of those two IEMs, I listen to it at night until I fall asleep. I don’t switch back and forth between the two, mainly because I don’t want to disturb my wife. The last couple of nights I’ve been listening to the IER-M9s, but I find that I’m practically itching to switch back to the Singularity. The M9 is monitor-like, but definitely suffers a bit from the shortcomings of BA bass. The Singularity obviously has more bass but I don’t feel like it lags the M9 when it comes to midrange or treble. I have no plans to sell the M9 since I bought it used for a decent price, but it’s probably going to spend a lot of time in the future unused, sitting in a drawer.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #184 of 205
These are really incredible for those who like bass! I have found the perfect balance for the extra bass on these with the Fatfreq Premium gold plate pure silver cable and Whizzer Easytips SS20! soundstage increase greatly and you get more treble and details with this combo, its a perfect match (for me ) ! Highly recommend!!

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #185 of 205
The discussion group of an amazing iem like Singularity cannot dead like this. I wonder that, is Hugo 2 a suitable dac for Singularity? Or is there a cheaper option that matchs Singularity better? If Hugo 2 is a target then it will be my target early next year because of its price to replace my Mojo 1. Thank guys

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #186 of 205
The discussion group of an amazing iem like Singularity cannot dead like this. I wonder that, is Hugo 2 a suitable dac for Singularity? Or is there a cheaper option that matchs Singularity better? If Hugo 2 is a target then it will be my target early next year because of its price to replace my Mojo 1. Thank guys
Can’t think of any reason why Hugo 2 won’t be a good fit for Singularity. Go ahead…

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #187 of 205
Have posted it in other thread but I should have posted here. Have paired singularity with various chains I have and it works fine with all my setups. A warm and relaxed tuning with decent details. Fan of single DD should give it a try.
IMG_1816.jpeg

FF32999A-4157-4CD9-8BB8-321ECD261E34.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

3D79B463-C0E9-4A72-8C97-2238FC589CBD.jpeg

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #189 of 205
yes the barrier is just its price. Of course its price is not as high as other totl DAPs. So I'm looking for a cheaper option that gives the same quality as the hugo 2. if there isn't one. I will go ahead
Personally I am fan of Sony and Shanling house sound. So check out DAP from them. Older version of Sony signature series go for good deals these days. Dita Navigator is a good dongle that you can look for but if you already have Mojo 1 then it may not be an improvement you are looking for.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #190 of 205
I imagine there just isnt all that much more to discuss. Its a great IEM. Those of us who have it already are likely just using it and enjoying it. Not really a lot more to continue posting about. It also was in extremely limited supply until recently, so I assume it just wasnt being picked up by as many people as it might have otherwise. And that $1300 is still quite a lot of money for a single driver IEM.

The most active discussions on head fi are usually related to discovering new gear. Look at the watercooler thread as an example, or the discovery thread for cheaper stuff. They move very quickly, but are usually mostly about people looking for new IEMs or cables or sources or whatever.

Beyond that, cant really offer any insight about the hugo 2. I do however use the mojo2 for my singularity and it seems to be a good fit. But then again, I dont really have a lot of other sources to compare to.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #191 of 205
From all my sources the best synergy until now is the Hiby RS8 , truly Magical!! Cable use is the Fatfreq pure silver with gold plated, eartips i have change from Whizzer Easytips SS2 to the black Wide bore of 64 audio eartips (offered in 64 audio box). The RS8 tuning was in turbo mode off and in high gain. It´s crazy the soundstage on these! You will melt down completely(in a good way :sweat_smile:).. i can hear sounds from everywhere around me, front, back, up and down.

Compared with my Ferrum stack(wandla) and my TT2/Mscaler, I truly prefer the RS8!! I think R2R is the way for the Singularity! also the Astell Kern S300 work well but the RS8 is that on steroids :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #192 of 205
Oi,

Para quem tem os dois sets: entre Singularity e Z1R, para Rock e Metal, qual você acha mais adequado?
Ou talvez algum outro conjunto abaixo da faixa de preço de US$ 2 mil?
Não estou olhando para o set mais detalhado, mas sim um que seja mais enérgico que o meu SR8 (que já lida muito bem com a outra parte da minha biblioteca (Jazz, J-pop) com uma afinação mais "descontraída"), Estou procurando um IEM legal, energético e divertido para rock e metal, espero que vocês possam me ajudar, talvez Singularity seja o ideal? Ou devo olhar para outros conjuntos?

Editar: talvez eu deva considerar o IE900 também?
Ie 900 are my best choise for death metal

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #193 of 205
Many people told me that this iem does not need to upgrade the stock cable. So do after-market pure-silver cables costing under $1000 really have no value in improving resolution and enhancing treble energy without negative affecting the excellent bass quality of Singularity compared to stock cable?
1000002611.jpg

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #194 of 205
These IEMs grabbed my attention more and more lately.
Can someone compare them with IE900 for metal?
I'm very sensitive to the upper mids forwardness and I found the IE900 sounding ideally for metal due to their dip.
I don't like shouty vocals or too much in my face.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #195 of 205
Many people told me that this iem does not need to upgrade the stock cable. So do after-market pure-silver cables costing under $1000 really have no value in improving resolution and enhancing treble energy without negative affecting the excellent bass quality of Singularity compared to stock cable?
1000002611.jpg
Exactly. Stock cable is simply the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back