Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Aug 18, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #77 of 340
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #79 of 340
Aug 18, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #80 of 340
Now that the top has been popped on potentially hot take comments, let me post a meme I shared with Ian91 a couple days ago. It's how I felt browsing Headfi and not having many fellow owners to talk to yet, and trying not to say too much until my impressions were better baked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: fabio19 asked in another thread which IEM is more analytical, open, and detailed, between SR8 and Butastur, and for me it's Butastur on all counts.

Attachments

• 7vrf5b.jpg
    7vrf5b.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #81 of 340
Now that the top has been popped on potentially hot take comments, let me post a meme I shared with Ian91 a couple days ago. It's how I felt browsing Headfi and not having many fellow owners to talk to yet, and trying not to say too much until my impressions were better baked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I feel the exact same way 😄

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #82 of 340
Soon there will be many more…

But I had understood that the Butastur was above Z1R or Mest 3... the NP is, that's why I say it.

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #83 of 340
Soon there will be many more…

But I had understood that the Butastur was above Z1R or Mest 3... the NP is, that's why I say it.

Well, to say it's on the same level as those is already a pretty strong statement for a $600 IEM. I would need to listen and compare more before saying it outranks them. But I do think Butastur is at least in the same league! (notice I said "at least") They all comprise my top 3 anyway...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #84 of 340
Well, to say it's on the same level as those is already a pretty strong statement for a $600 IEM. I would need to listen and compare more before saying it outranks them. But I do think Butastur is at least in the same league! They all comprise my top 3 anyway...
Are not the Z1r, Mest3 and Butastur, all very different configurations, and different sound signatures! It would be easier to compare it to likes of Neon Pro, SR8, Anole Vx, u12t.

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #85 of 340
Are not the Z1r, Mest3 and Butastur, all very different configurations, and different sound signatures! It would be easier to compare it to likes of Neon Pro, SR8, Anole Vx, u12t.

Yes, they are all pretty different signatures. I don't mean to compare them in that capacity(or driver composition) so much as I mean to state how good Butastur is in overall SQ in relation to the other two, which I consider to be at the top of what I've heard and own. It was just a meme lol.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #86 of 340
Yeah, they can be compared on the basis of sonic capabilities they offer. And if Butastur is being compared to them, it surely must be a great IEM.
Would love to hear more on them, esp. vs the Neon Pro, and DTE900 (again its a tribrid, lol) before pulling the trigger.

Aug 18, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #87 of 340

Edit: fabio19 asked in another thread which IEM is more analytical, open, and detailed, between SR8 and Butastur, and for me it's Butastur on all counts.
.........is the answer I wanted:yum:

Aug 18, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #90 of 340
Has anyone had a chance to test Butastur at DTE900 or SR8 ????

This is what one of my Japanese friends had to tell about sr8 vs night oblivion. She owns both.
The friend has no attachments to neither companies nor projects.
IMG_20230818_183428.jpg
Interesting...almost all these IEMs have small nuance differences. It may be hard to pick it up for the causals and seasoned veterans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back