Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Aug 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 320

Penon

Sponsor: PENON

Night Oblivion Butastur 10BA HiFi Audiophile IEM with Switches​

Night Oblivion-ButasturIem.jpg

Shell material.

Using 3D printing technology. Skin friendly material. Use DREVE for glossy paint.

Technical physical intake and 110DB balanced pressure relief technology.

When Ultra-low frequency is too high, it will drain away the higher low frequency that more than 110DB and balanced at 110DB to protect the ear. Reduced 20HZ-50Hz physical bass diving brings shock to the head. Reduced sibilance sound. Retain the best low-frequency dynamic sense.

Independent 3-way crossover + 2 switches.

Push Switch 1 to ON direction is to increase the low frequency. Push Switch 2 to ON direction to increase the high frequency.

3-in-1 modular Cable

The cable plug is detachable, and the 2.5mm, 3.5mm, 4.4mm plugs is interchangeable.

Night Oblivion-ButasturC.jpg

Specification

Brand: Night Oblivion Audio

Model: Butastur

Driver configuration:

2 Sonion for low frequency

2 Knowles for mid-low frequency

4 Knowles for mid-high frequency

2 Knowles for ultra-high frequency

Frequency response range: 10Hz-20khz.

Sensitivity: 107dB

Impedance: 30ohm

Connector: 2Pin 0.78mm

Plug: 3.5mm/2.5mm/ 4.4mm straight plug

Cable materials: 4 strands 6N single crystal copper LITZ cable, single strand is 36* 0.05 *7

Wire diameter: .1.55mm

Cable Length: about 1.2m

Link: https://penonaudio.com/Night-Oblivion-Butastur.html

Night Oblivion ButasturIem.jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Aug 11, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 320
Great to have a place to discuss these. I'm going to update this post with some photos and detailed impressions when I get the opportunity.

The creators are making a statement with the performance they have achieved for $599. The Butastur is for lovers of a natural, balanced and highly technical sound. Jazz, classical, baroque, world, acoustic singer song/writer music sounds tremendous but they don't have any issue making other genres really fun too in the '1-1' switch position (bass and treble enhancement), the so called 'macrodynamic mode'.

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 320
very interesting. Waiting for a reviews

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #6 of 320
This IEM looks very good.

A few months ago I had zero interest in full-BA models but after discovering the Neon Pro, everything has changed.

Waiting for comparisons with the Neon Pro...

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 320
Butastur is smaller than I expected. Because of that I might have ordered my recommended H570 tips one size too small, since I found I have to use bigger tips with these than I do with all my chonky boys with longer nozzles. Just something to consider. The pic is just for reference - SR8 is pretty small too when you consider it's 14 BA.

Attachments

• 20230811_122533.jpg
    20230811_122533.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 11, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 320
I wonder if I shall line up my SR8 for sale

I have been a big fan of the SR8 ever since I first plopped them into my ears, and I do think the Butastur is better. There I said it! And it's not as close as I would have expected. I can't wait to see some more impressions.

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 320
I have been a big fan of the SR8 ever since I first plopped them into my ears, and I do think the Butastur is better. There I said it! And it's not as close as I would have expected. I can't wait to see some more impressions.

From memory because I sold the SR8, the Butastur sounds more 'natural' but still retains the clarity that made the SR8 so engaging. Also, vocals are given more space to breathe and are placed more forward which helps with engagement imo.

This IEM looks very good.

A few months ago I had zero interest in full-BA models but after discovering the Neon Pro, everything has changed.

Waiting for comparisons with the Neon Pro...

I'll have those up by the end of the weekend. Already have a reasonable idea of how they line up. Different tonally and even more so technically.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #13 of 320
From memory because I sold the SR8, the Butastur sounds more 'natural' but still retains the clarity that made the SR8 so engaging. Also, vocals are given more space to breathe and are placed more forward which helps with engagement imo.

I listened to them a couple times back and forth, and the Butastur not only has better clarity, it has more resolution and better timbre as well. SR8 has a wow factor, but Butastur outdoes it even in that department. And when it comes to depth of stage and layering, it isn't close - Butastur wins. (although SR8 might be wider)

Honestly, I doubt any of the sub $1k champs can compete with Butastur. Doing my best not to give overly enthusiastic knee-jerk impressions caused by the honeymoon period, too.

Aug 12, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 320
I listened to them a couple times back and forth, and the Butastur not only has better clarity, it has more resolution and better timbre as well. SR8 has a wow factor, but Butastur outdoes it even in that department. And when it comes to depth of stage and layering, it isn't close - Butastur wins. (although SR8 might be wider)

Honestly, I doubt any of the sub $1k champs can compete with Butastur. Doing my best not to give overly enthusiastic knee-jerk impressions caused by the honeymoon period, too.
:gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back