Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Aug 19, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #111 of 346
I only talked about timing..... not motivation.
One person is making them, and they’re being sent to penon in batches. So there’s nothing penon can do to speed it up.

Also due to the amount of interest and positive feedback from early adopters, they’re getting a lot of orders, so the batches are being sold really quickly.

If you’re interested, I’d suggest you just get your order in as soon as possible.

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #112 of 346
I only talked about timing..... not motivation.
If you want it, make your order, and wait, just like everyone else.

The final number of units that will be manufactured is unknown. There was talk of 50, it seems that there could be a few more, it is not known if they will reach 100.

Whoever is interested shouldn't wait too long, I think.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #113 of 346
If you want it, make your order, and wait, just like everyone else.

The final number of units that will be manufactured is unknown. There was talk of 50, it seems that there could be a few more, it is not known if they will reach 100.

Whoever is interested shouldn't wait too long, I think.
In the other forum AmericanSpirit was saying that by the looks of it there should be no problem in getting to 100...

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #114 of 346
1000056747.jpg

Aug 20, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #117 of 346
HBB's unit looks quite horrible tbh. Hope those of you, that ordered one too, will get a unit that lives up optically to it's sound quality.

AS already mentioned that the one man production show brings that man to his limits. Understandable as the demand seems to be higher than expected and maybe the reason for differences and outliers like HBBs unit as they seem to be hand made.

But oc this should not take place anyways. Guess we all would prefer / accept longer lead times in exchange for a more consistent qc...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #118 of 346
HBB's unit looks quite horrible tbh. Hope those of you, that ordered one too, will get a unit that lives up optically to it's sound quality.

AS already mentioned that the one man production show brings that man to his limits. Understandable as the demand seems to be higher than expected and maybe the reason for differences and outliers like HBBs unit as they seem to be hand made.

But oc this should not take place anyways. Guess we all would prefer / accept longer lead times in exchange for a more consistent qc...
Of course we accept longer lead times in exchange for a more consistent QC… but nobody has asked us about it.

I prefer wait more time and receive a perfect unit, if not wait can turn into receiving a unit with problems.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #119 of 346
Just had a quick demo of @ian91 Butastur at the London CanJam. Stock cable looks great but inhibits the Butastur ability, range and expression significantly. Even with a cheap XINHS 4 core graphene SPC cable they become full, sweet, musical, spacious. I could have listened for longer but had ear fatigue in general from the show. Makes the U12t sounds leaden and pedestrian. Well done @AmericanSpirit (and thanks Ian)!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #120 of 346
Just had a quick demo of @ian91 Butastur at the London CanJam. Stock cable looks great but inhibits the Butastur ability, range and expression significantly. Even with a cheap XINHS 4 core graphene SPC cable they become full, sweet, musical, spacious. I could have listened for longer but had ear fatigue in general from the show. Makes the U12t sounds leaden and pedestrian. Well done @AmericanSpirit (and thanks Ian)!
It would be interesting for more experienced users to start to recommend some cables for the Butastur.
I still haven't moved from the original, but I'm sure that until 100$ there's a lot that can pair well with these set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back