Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Aug 19, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #91 of 346
I have the ke orchestra og. Looking for a bassier set, i was looking at neon pro, supernova and sa6mk2. Np and supernova is too pricey for my 600 max budget, sa6mk2 shell is too big for my small ears. Wonder if butastur is good enough for the price to feel a significant upgrade from orchestra? Would appreciate your help guys!

Aug 19, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #92 of 346
I have the ke orchestra og. Looking for a bassier set, i was looking at neon pro, supernova and sa6mk2. Np and supernova is too pricey for my 600 max budget, sa6mk2 shell is too big for my small ears. Wonder if butastur is good enough for the price to feel a significant upgrade from orchestra? Would appreciate your help guys!

if you are looking for bassier then why don't you try Meteor ?

Aug 19, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #93 of 346
Make an effort and go for the Neon Pro. It is what you are looking for.

Aug 19, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #96 of 346
Take a look at the Xenns Top

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #98 of 346
I am waiting for someone to tell me the differences between DTE900 (or SR8) and Butastur .....
Here is what AS thinks:

"By the way I’m going to review retuned DTE900 and Turbo.

Currently burning in DTE900 and so far DTE900 is fairly impressive.

For Turbo, actually this surprised me more than DTE900 —a 4EST performance well expected. I thought SA6 reached what a 6BA should achieve, but Turbo currently impressed me over than SA6 from its agility.

Anyway, I saw on head-fi Butastur thread that someone was desperately looking Butastur vs DTE900 vs SR8, so I may have some input to the extent I can do.

For Butastur vs SR8, there are more than enough feedbacks, and I agree to most of the feedbacks, so I’d keep it short.

They are very different sounding IEMs;

SR8 = Bugatti Chiron
Powerful, Massive, full bodied. Top end may lack some details but lower-end torque is astonishing.

Butastur = Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

No Turbo, or fancy hybrid thingy, Naturally Aspirated. Taking the basics to its best state, no compromise at any levels.

While I’m still listening into Turbo and DTE900

Here are impressions I got from these two models

Turbo = Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Nimble, Tactile, Agile. Amazing Turbo switch.

DTE900 = Ferrari SF90
Smooth, Elegant, yet top notch performance"

:)

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #100 of 346
and............ :
Ferrari SF 90 vs Lamborghini Sesto Senso.........What do you prefer and why?
Mate, you’re gonna have to just decide what sound/tuning you’re after.

what he’s saying is they’re all great iem’s but they all offer something a bit different. It’s based on what you prefer and what your preference is.

Aug 19, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #102 of 346
Xenns top looks perfect to me starting from low to mid, how about the treble? Isn't it fatiguing for you? I listen to all sorts of rock, metal, some jpop, kpop with female vocals.
No. The TOP offers great treble without being fatiguing, at least to me. Anyway if someone find it fatiguing, it's a case of tips and cable rolling...
Low end is epic, without being a bombox 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back