Nice guys finish last . . . don't they? / unspoken feelings
Aug 19, 2004 at 12:48 PM Post #76 of 77
HiWire,

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire
Sure, he's pulling those pie chart numbers out of his butt
eek.gif

LOL! I knew them pie charts smelled funny!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:

He's basically making statements that most people are uncomfortable with - the rule of the lower brain over the rationalization of the cortex. Or the id, as somebody mentioned.

Yes, like his head is up his butt, where the pie charts came from.

Quote:

Let's put it this way - when you look at an attractive member of the opposite sex (if you are so inclined), do you not make a quick analysis for compatibility if you are not attached? Anyone who says otherwise is lying - that is a rationalization.

Yes. It's true that I probably do this, at least unconsciously, with the majority of younger women but with no intent of viewing them as meat. Also, I do have a number of extremely attractive female friends, one of which is a fashion model, with whom I am just friends and with no intention of having sex with. Of course I'd love to have sex with my fashion model friend and she knows it, but that's just not the nature of our relationship (which is by no means shallow) and I respect that. I am also not suffering terrible withdrawal symptoms for not having sex with my female friends. This flies in the face of ladder theory.

Quote:

People get thrown in jail or make horrible decisions all the time because of their baser instincts, yet you also get in serious trouble if you ignore your instincts/intuition.

So true. Moving beyond our "ladders" is the beginning of civility.

Quote:

We're just a bunch of hairless monkeys
biggrin.gif
With really good headphones.

LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've read on this forum so far!
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 12:58 PM Post #77 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I really liked the Ladder Theory. Such wonderful, dark humor and mostly true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Ladder theory, like many other things in this world, contains some truths and lots of falsehoods. But most importantly, it's an entertaining read.

Oh well, I've found it creepy because that guy seems to take it so seriously I reckon he must be a pretty angry, disturbed fellow. But anyways, if one looks at it as dark humor then yes I guess it can be entertaining. I've found his illustration of the proverbial ugly guy with a hot chick Very funny:

http://www.laddertheory.com/images/toppingout.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back