Nice bass under $50 ??
Jan 23, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
Okay thanks. Any more thought on the Klipsch image s4 vs. Brainwavz m2? I've read the overall SQ is better with the s4 but that makes sense due to the increased price. I also read the bass can be lacking with the s4 though which is no good with the hip hop I listen to.

Quote:
I don't think that there are fake s4's so really any of the auctions should be fine.  
I just did a quick search and some of the lower priced ones are "seller refurbished" or something like that.  It might be a good idea to stay away from those, just get one that says new.  Most of them do offer a warranty though.

HMM...S4's are very very bassy...bassier than the M2's but IMO, m2's are much better sound quality wise...

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 28
Alright thanks to everyone who has been helping me out. I've decided to pull the trigger on the Brainwavs M2. I'm getting them on Amazon through MP4Nation which is kind of cool, they just started selling on amazon. They are fulfilled by amazon too so I have a nice 30 day refund period. $60 with free shipping, that's probably the best deal I'm going to get, right? Do they sound just fine out of an iPod with no LOD or amp?

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 28
A LOD is a cable and it won't improve your sound quality unless you have a good amp to go with it.
M2's definitely don't need an amp.  In fact there are very few IEM's that require amps.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #19 of 28
I use a LOD with an amp mainly because I like the way it sound better than simply using the HO on ipods.

I don't have experiences with the itouch though, so I don't know how much it would benefit from a LOD. It isn't difficult to hear the difference with my 5.5 gen, and majority of the head-fiers agree that it is a step up from simply using HO.

M2 don't need an amp to sound good, they sound fine straight out of my clip+.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 28
I might have misread your post, what I meant is that don't get a LOD and not an amp.... although now that I read it again you probably already know that.
Hope you enjoy your M2's they're very nice headphones.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 28

Quote:
I might have misread your post, what I meant is that don't get a LOD and not an amp.... although now that I read it again you probably already know that.

if not...you have that awesome amazon return policy! :D

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #23 of 28
Thanks! I really hope I don't have to return these though. I've already had to go through that with a couple of headphones that didn't fulfill my bass cravings. From what you guys have said and the reviews I've seen though, I think they'll be just fine.

Quote:
Quote:

if not...you have that awesome amazon return policy! :D

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #24 of 28
sennheiser cx series or one of nuforce's earphones.

i would recommend cx500 or the ne-6

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #25 of 28
Yea maybe if these don't have enough umph I'll look around for more. But get this. A day after I get the m2's on amazon, they go on sale on mp4nation's new USA site for $36! My amazon order was about to ship so I couldn't cancel them online but I called them and they cancelled it right away. What a steal, I'm lucky my order didn't ship yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back