NHT will introduce superbuds
Sep 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Rat Salad

100+ Head-Fier
I own a few NHT speakers and they are outstanding, especially the M001 monitors which are no longer available. They are entering. Into the earphone market this fall with Superbuds.. should be interesting as these guys are a small shop that is really into audio.

http://www.nhthifi.com/NHT-SuperBud-Earphones

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 54
New member here, although i've been lurking for awhile  
happy_face1.gif

I also own many NHT speakers. Started with a Super One w/ an AudioCenter 1, 5.1 system years ago and graduated to 2 different Classic series setups in both my den and bedroom...Classic 3, 7.2 system in den and Classic 2, 5.1 system in bedroom.

Recently i've been getting into headphone setups. I have a Sennheiser wireless RS220, which I love and just a couple of months ago got a Sennheiser Momentum, over-ear, for traveling and out-of the-house music enjoyment, also love these cans.

I got an email from NHT last night announcing that they're coming out with a new IEM. Well, that got my curiosity peaked and i just had to investigate. As it turns out, they are offering the new little headphones for 50% off as a pre-order, to their "NHT insider" members (comes out in October according to their website), so i thought, 50 bucks for these little "Superbuds" can't be all that bad, so I went for it and placed an order.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will be some fine sounding 'Buds'. They seem to have very nice construction and materials, and the specs, although that never tell the whole story with audio reproduction, seemed like they might be promising.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will report back after they arrive with more details.

Cheers!

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 54
I'd pre-order these for $50. How do I get that deal?

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 54
to get the pre-order special you need to either sign up to be an "NHT Insider" member or, as i did, in the email that was sent to me there was a promo code..."IWANTMYSUPERBUDS!"...without the quotes that you can use as you check out with your order.

Hope that works for you 
L3000.gif

Cheers

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 54
worked. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 54
^^Could not agree more!^^

I've always had good experience with them. Their speakers are great for the price and their customer service has always been stellar.

Anytime I ever had to call them or email for service, I've always got a friendly, helpful voice on the other end of the line...never a machine...and they respond to emails right away.

Cheers

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 54
Coupon code isnt working anymore.

EDIT: Anyone willing to buy one for me at the discounted price. Located in Australia so they want $90 just for postage here.

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #10 of 54
90 just for postage? 
eek.gif
 EEK!

Did you try the code with the (!) ?

in the email I received, it said the promotion price (with code) is good 'til 26 September.

Maybe try it again.

cheers

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 54
Yup, postage is still the same $98. Normally costs $30 for a pair of earphones for express delivery so not much luck for us Aussies.

So anyone still willing to help out as I am an NHT fan but we dont get a lot of stuff in Australia.

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 54
I just tried the code again and it's still good, but with a US postal zip not to Ozzie. Can't help you out with the postage though.

Did you try with just the standard or whatever the basic (cheapest) shipping method is? Here, it's free shipping to my home, but that was just the standard shipping, no express or anything like that.

Cheers

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #13 of 54
What a joke! Over 90$ to ship to Vietnam? That is a craptacular fail. There is no way to justify that shipping charge - I just shipped an X1 to India for about half that via FedEx....

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 54
  I just tried the code again and it's still good, but with a US postal zip not to Ozzie. Can't help you out with the postage though.

Did you try with just the standard or whatever the basic (cheapest) shipping method is? Here, it's free shipping to my home, but that was just the standard shipping, no express or anything like that.

Cheers

I tried the cheapest Fedex. UPS is $140.

The code still works by the way. Cheers for that.

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 54
WOW! International shipping costs are just a crime!

i would suggest maybe calling NHT on Monday and see if you could possibly negotiate a better shipping rate.

That is just highway robbery! 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back