NHL Playoffs Thread
May 2, 2006 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 234

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone besides me watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I'm finding them rather exciting considering my Canucks never made the playoffs. Wow, and as I'm typing this the Oilers just scored a go ahead goal on the Redwings. How the mighty have fallen. Go -insert Canadian team here- Go!!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Wings out...Oilers move on!

May 2, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 234
Go Sabres.

May 2, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Hey man, at least your team made the playoffs. The Canucks already have a dozen rounds of golf in.

You don't understand. This is an utter disaster. Absolutely, unacceptable. Expect MAJOR shakeups.

Manny Legace better NEVER, [size=xx-large]EVER [/size]show his god damn face around that city again.

May 2, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
You don't understand. This is an utter disaster. Absolutely, unacceptable. Expect MAJOR shakeups.

Manny Legace better NEVER, [size=xx-large]EVER [/size]show his god damn face around that city again.

Why blame Legace? the defence pinched too much on the game winner and he was left out to dry. The goal that was reviewed wasn't his fault, could have gone either way. Pisani's second goal was a nice move, and yeah maybe Legace should have saved it, but it's easy to blame the goalie. Edmonton played a hell of a series.

May 2, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 234
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

They were 2-0 up.

I wanted to PM cheechoz about the rangers getting swept.

This is so dissappointing.

But Congrats to the oilers.....
mad.gif

I really thought legace would step and be the playoff goalie we need. Looks like he crumbled at crunch time.

can I change my username to GoDevils19?
rs1smile.gif

May 2, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 234
Quote:

Why blame Legace? the defence pinched too much on the game winner and he was left out to dry. The goal that was reviewed wasn't his fault, could have gone either way. Pisani's second goal was a nice move, and yeah maybe Legace should have saved it, but it's easy to blame the goalie. Edmonton played a hell of a series.

Agreed. The Wings had no answer for the POWERFUL DULL game Edmonton wanted to play. There was no space on the ice, and Detroit couldn't match the Oilers speed in transition. A few fewer defensive mistakes by Lilja, and this game would have gone the other way.

Legace's going to take the heat for it much like Osgood did when the Sharks beat the Wings in the first round in '94 in 7. It's too bad, really. I would have liked to have seen StevieY go out on top.

-Patrick

May 2, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #10 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueCan
Agreed. The Wings had no answer for the POWERFUL DULL game Edmonton wanted to play. There was no space on the ice, and Detroit couldn't match the Oilers speed in transition. A few fewer defensive mistakes by Lilja, and this game would have gone the other way.

Legace's going to take the heat for it much like Osgood did when the Sharks beat the Wings in the first round in '94 in 7. It's too bad, really. I would have liked to have seen StevieY go out on top.

-Patrick

I wanted stevie Y to play another season.

Well I think the sharks in 94 had great goaltending in the shape of Irbe and Larionov and co did a number on the Redwings.

The Redwings biggest problem is that they are arrogant and don;t give respect to teams who deserve it. They have always been like that from the early 90's when they started to dominate the regular season and they just took things for granted.

Look at the 95 playoffs when devils beat them 4 zip. Or when they played the *spit* AVS in the 96 playoffs.

I think they really miss Federov in the playoffs. He is one of those playoff players who come to life e.g Roy, Forsberg.

We shouldn't of traded away Mcarthy. We also need more physical defensemen. Lidstrom is a legend and all that but we need a physical presence who can clear the front of the net for the goaltender.

May 2, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #11 of 234
Gah! I went to bed after the second period of the flames game only to wake up and find out they lost. Although Selane did get robbed on his first goal with the phantom goalie interference call. I want Calgary to advance and face the Oilers, that'd be a hell of a series.

Any predictions on tonight's games? I'm thinking Philly will beat Buffalo and although I hate to admit it, I can't see Montreal winning tonight. They haven't been the same team since Koivu went out, and puck hasn't been in the net like it was in the first two games. They do have home ice tonight though, so we'll see. Looking forward to Hockey Night in Canada tonight!

May 2, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #12 of 234
Gah doubled...I went to bed after the 2nd period if the Wings/Oilers game...Couldn't believe it when I saw the papers this morning...(sorry Wings fans..in advance)..But that scoreline just made my day...
evil_smiley.gif
Never thought I would see the Wings cough up a 2 goal lead in the play-offs...Wow!
Now if we could just put away those pesky, lumbering Flyers tonight without anyone getting too badly hurt I'll be a happy Sabres fan...

May 2, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by NacMacFeegle
Now if we could just put away those pesky, lumbering Flyers tonight without anyone getting too badly hurt I'll be a happy Sabres fan...

You mean without Denis Gauthier hurting anyone?
rolleyes.gif

May 2, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 234
Quote:

You mean without Denis Gauthier hurting anyone?
rolleyes.gif

Aye..That's the guy..Just keep him running around trying to hit instead of spearing
mad.gif
would do it for me.
But reading through your post again..Predictions...Yeah I would love Montreal to win, but I think you are bang on going with Carolina. But I don't think the Flyers will be able to keep up with us tonight..not when we just roll 4 lines all night long..their D will get bushed...having said that it's t-times for them if they don't figure out a way of containing us....
I love the play-offs!!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back