NF Audio impression thread.
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,081 of 1,292
they are better as in how many percent? 50% better , 100% better ect?
Over 9000

Seriously, these are qualitative differences that make no sense being expressed as a percentage.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #1,082 of 1,292
Compared to CCA C16 which is better than C10, about 200% better I would say

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,083 of 1,292
Lol, this is such a funny question...

you can’t expect a flea bargain iem to compete to mid tier iem.

completely different class altogether. Let alone, it is mutiple BA vs single DD.

it is a LOT better than CCA CA16, I own it.
But you have to invest in a good tip and a DAC, otherwise it will sound like crap.

this is head to head with KBear Believe, with Believe has better resolution, fit and treble extension

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #1,084 of 1,292
To give a percentage against all three you mentioned might be subjective for some people. So, I can't really give you a percentage. But, if you like your IEM's to have a brighter sound, better resolution, better quality make, cleaner vivid transparency, better hi-end details with textured lower-end sub-bass, then it might just be what you might be looking for over the three you mentioned.

-Clear

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #1,085 of 1,292
To give a percentage against all three you mentioned might be subjective for some people. So, I can't really give you a percentage. But, if you like your IEM's to have a brighter sound, better resolution, better quality make, cleaner vivid transparency, better hi-end details with textured lower-end sub-bass, then it might just be what you might be looking for over the three you mentioned.

-Clear
all right thanks. I dont know if they sound well on laptops, phones ect?.. i dont have high end audio source equipment

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #1,088 of 1,292
thank u...currently the price of NM2+ is high. DO u think i should get the NM2 or NA 1 or 2? will there be big differences?
I'm selling mine for a good price if you are interested! Almost unused.

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #1,090 of 1,292
thank u...currently the price of NM2+ is high. DO u think i should get the NM2 or NA 1 or 2? will there be big differences?
Yes, there is going to be a difference in transparency, clarity, vividness, resolution, and a well-made solid earphone. So, yes! They are more expensive not just for there sound alone, but for the solid materials chosen to make the earphone and added accessories that go with it. I'm not saying the NM2, NA1 or 2 aren't good, but don't expect them to have the same hi-end sound signature or solid construction as the NM2+.

There is a saying, "you get what you pay for". But, with Chi-Fi products there's always a "fine line" to draw for yourself. So, always make your decision according to several reviews and not just on one review. Only then, you should make a decision on what's best for you.

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,091 of 1,292
all right thanks. I dont know if they sound well on laptops, phones ect?.. i dont have high end audio source equipment

oh my, if you are going to use your laptop, stick with KZ or CCA. You will be disappointed, NM2+ needs power, at least for me. I got BTR5 to connect to it.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,092 of 1,292
oh my, if you are going to use your laptop, stick with KZ or CCA. You will be disappointed, NM2+ needs power, at least for me. I got BTR5 to connect to it.
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I actually found the NM2+ to run just fine off any clean source with low noise floor... due to its sensitivity I actually found it better on the Apple dongle than the iBasso DX160 which had some EM interference going on.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,093 of 1,292
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I actually found the NM2+ to run just fine off any clean source with low noise floor... due to its sensitivity I actually found it better on the Apple dongle than the iBasso DX160 which had some EM interference going on.
Are you using it on the 3.5mm port with the DX160? That is the cause of the noise you hear, a very crappy 3.5mm implementation. The 4.4mm should be fine though.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #1,094 of 1,292
Are you using it on the 3.5mm port with the DX160? That is the cause of the noise you hear, a very crappy 3.5mm implementation. The 4.4mm should be fine though.
Yes, I was using the 3.5mm port... ending up returning the unit due to the issue, I had read that running it balanced got rid of the issue but I swap around between sources so much that I didn't want the hassle of swapping cables all the time. Otherwise the DX160 is a great unit.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,095 of 1,292
Yes, I was using the 3.5mm port... ending up returning the unit due to the issue, I had read that running it balanced got rid of the issue but I swap around between sources so much that I didn't want the hassle of swapping cables all the time. Otherwise the DX160 is a great unit.
Get adapters from 4.4mm to whatever you are using then. Not recommended to switch the 2pin/mmcx side at all.

The DX160 sounds great, but otherwise everything else on it is pretty bad....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back