NF Audio impression thread.
Nov 17, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #811 of 1,292
Going to wrap up the full review of NF NM2+ soon. Love its vivid sound. One of my top IEM recommendations in 2020. :)

photo_2020-11-16_22-48-03.jpg

is it better than OH-10?

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #813 of 1,292
Here we go, NF NM2+ Review.
Nothing but praise for this IEM. Brilliant! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2020-11-16_19-27-44.jpg

Nov 19, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #814 of 1,292
Can someone compare the nm2+ with the Moondrop Starfield?

Many thanks!

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #815 of 1,292
Can someone compare the nm2+ with the Moondrop Starfield?

Many thanks!
Just compared them and I honestly don't think there is any need for comparison to start off with as NM2+ is superior to Starfield in all aspects. NM2+ is just in a league of its own. More defined bass, clearer and cleaner midrange with higher transparency level, more extended and airier treble. Soundstage is holographic. NM2+ is a must have IEM. Cheers.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #816 of 1,292
Just have to add my universal warning with it though. If one is very sensitive to prominent upper midrange frequencies, use caution with the NM2+. However, it seems that those that found it too hot initially, over time, and with tip/cable rolling, became accustomed to the sound and ended up loving it.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #817 of 1,292
So been listening to the NM2+ for like the last 48 hours straight. Initial impressions were very bad, balanced tips straight stabbed me in the brain. Swapped to the bass tips and massive difference, went from unlistenable to possibly beating my DK2001. Weirdly, they remind me of my old Campfire Orions just with way more extension on both ends and better in every conceivable way. Mids are delicious on these. Currently doing the Bass tips with the 'Metal' EQ preset on the Shanling M2X to add a little more bite.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #818 of 1,292
So been listening to the NM2+ for like the last 48 hours straight. Initial impressions were very bad, balanced tips straight stabbed me in the brain. Swapped to the bass tips and massive difference, went from unlistenable to possibly beating my DK2001. Weirdly, they remind me of my old Campfire Orions just with way more extension on both ends and better in every conceivable way. Mids are delicious on these. Currently doing the Bass tips with the 'Metal' EQ preset on the Shanling M2X to add a little more bite.
Yes, I like the NM2+ more with bassier/narrower bore tips rather than wide bore. I really liked the SpinFit CP145 tips a lot, but they didn’t fit on the nozzle well. Now I’m using Final Audio E tips.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #819 of 1,292
Yes, I like the NM2+ more with bassier/narrower bore tips rather than wide bore. I really liked the SpinFit CP145 tips a lot, but they didn’t fit on the nozzle well. Now I’m using Final Audio E tips.

Yeah, I tried some Azla Sedna tips and they opened up the sound a bit but I felt they were too bright and I couldn't keep a good fit. I'll have to get some more tips and experiment since that seems so important with these.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #820 of 1,292
I tried some Azla Sedna tips and they opened up the sound a bit but I felt they were too bright
Yep, those were exactly my impressions as well.

Nov 21, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #821 of 1,292
Yeah, I tried some Azla Sedna tips and they opened up the sound a bit but I felt they were too bright and I couldn't keep a good fit. I'll have to get some more tips and experiment since that seems so important with these.
I concur. Recommended 3rd party tips: Acoustune AET07/AET08

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #822 of 1,292
My guess would be that the dynamic driver needs some time to break in adequately.

Unfortunately, online, things tend to get blown out or proportion way too quickly (NOT you @Nabillion_786). I think your legit experience with your 2 copies of the NM2+ has already yielded other’s conclusions that QC is poor with the NM2+ and that there is a lot of sample variation. Those massive assumptions are also already being parroted.

Just to clarify, I appreciate you sharing your experiences @Nabillion_786, and you are in no way responsible for other people jumping to conclusions.

There are a lot of herd opinions that are quickly formed, true. There is unit variance with the NM2+, from the limited accounts we have. I don't see that as a major QC issue, a certain amount of unit variance is acceptable.

The overwhelming majority of opinions here indicate that the NM2+ is an excellent reference-style IEM. The best in its price category, and able to take on much more expensive IEMs. There's a little variation, maybe, but the basic quality seems to be there. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up for $126 during 11.11. It's getting the most enthusiasm across-the-board from users.

Nov 21, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #824 of 1,292
There are a lot of herd opinions that are quickly formed, true. There is unit variance with the NM2+, from the limited accounts we have. I don't see that as a major QC issue, a certain amount of unit variance is acceptable.

The overwhelming majority of opinions here indicate that the NM2+ is an excellent reference-style IEM. The best in its price category, and able to take on much more expensive IEMs. There's a little variation, maybe, but the basic quality seems to be there. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up for $126 during 11.11. It's getting the most enthusiasm across-the-board from users.
Where did you see them for $126? Any idea if it's worth paying more currently ~$145 from Shezenaudio in the upcoming black Friday deals, to get their 2 year warranty?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back