NF Audio impression thread.
Nov 16, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #796 of 1,292
It’s probably my most pleasant IEM surprise this year.

Put it this way, if I could choose any 5 IEMs, cost not being a factor, the NM2+ would be one of them.
I am very impressed by the NM2+. This is a no brainer IEM. 100% recommended.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #798 of 1,292
Nov 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #799 of 1,292
After comparing NF NM2+ to Moondrop KXXS & Meze Rai Solo, I think there is no need for comparisons to start off with. The NM2+ is just in another league. NF really nailed this release. Brilliant. I wholeheartedly recommend the NF NM2+.

photo_2020-11-17_22-58-25.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #800 of 1,292
After comparing NF NM2+ to Moondrop KXXS & Meze Rai Solo, I think there is no need for comparison to start off with. The NM2+ is just in another league. NF really nailed this release. Brilliant. I wholeheartedly recommend the NF NM2+.

Is it easy to listen to? I didn't take the 11.11 because many complained about the too bright signature and the tiring highs.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #801 of 1,292
Is it easy to listen to? I didn't take the 11.11 because many complained about the too bright signature and the tiring highs.
This depends on tolerance. I personally don't think it is fatiguing as I can use it for hours. Having heard so many IEMs, this is a game changer at its price point. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #802 of 1,292
After comparing NF NM2+ to Moondrop KXXS & Meze Rai Solo, I think there is no need for comparisons to start off with. The NM2+ is just in another league. NF really nailed this release. Brilliant. I wholeheartedly recommend the NF NM2+.

Thanks, when's your review coming out? Guessing it'll be to your site rather than here? And how would you describe the sound sig of the NM2+ ?

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #803 of 1,292
Thanks, when's your review coming out? Guessing it'll be to your site rather than here? And how would you describe the sound sig of the NM2+ ?
Very soon. Neutral bright. Before I tried the NM2+, I saw many praises for it. However, I am not convinced and didn't expect much until I heard it myself. Having heard it now, I must say all the praises are warranted. Sensational sound. I have nothing but praise for the NM2+.

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #804 of 1,292
I wish I could answer this, and it is an important question to ask about this IEM. We all hear things differently, so I can’t answer for you. I can say that I’m generally really sensitive to over-boosted upper midrange frequencies, but I have had no trouble at all thoroughly enjoying the NM2+. I’m certainly glad I took a chance on it. So far, of those that didn’t like the upper mids initially, over time, and with some ear tip rolling, many of them seem to be enjoying it a lot now as well.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #805 of 1,292
I wish I could answer this, and it is an important question to ask about this IEM. We all hear things differently, so I can’t answer for you. I can say that I’m generally really sensitive to over-boosted upper midrange frequencies, but I have had no trouble at all thoroughly enjoying the NM2+. I’m certainly glad I took a chance on it. So far, of those that didn’t like the upper mids initially, over time, and with some ear tip rolling, they seem to be enjoying it a lot now as well.
Spot on. The upper midrange boost makes female vocals so alluring. It is easier to fine tune a neutral and bright sounding IEM as opposed to a warm and dark sounding IEM with tip/cable rolling. Love the NM2+.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #806 of 1,292
Very weirdly the second pair has calmed down a lot and is very listenable now. Im not sure if it is burn in or probably ear moisture leaking into the iem to cause this affect lol. But still the midrange is not as magical compared to the first pair. First pair has a clear window to vocals.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #807 of 1,292
Very weirdly the second pair has calmed down a lot and is very listenable now. Im not sure if it is burn in or probably ear moisture leaking into the iem to cause this affect lol. But still the midrange is not as magical compared to the first pair. First pair has a clear window to vocals.
My guess would be that the dynamic driver needs some time to break in adequately.

Unfortunately, online, things tend to get blown out or proportion way too quickly (NOT you @Nabillion_786). I think your legit experience with your 2 copies of the NM2+ has already yielded other’s conclusions that QC is poor with the NM2+ and that there is a lot of sample variation. Those massive assumptions are also already being parroted.

Just to clarify, I appreciate you sharing your experiences @Nabillion_786, and you are in no way responsible for other people jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #808 of 1,292
My guess would be that the dynamic driver needs some time to break in adequately.

Unfortunately, online, things tend to get blown out or proportion way too quickly (NOT you @Nabillion_786). I think your legit experience with your 2 copies of the NM2+ has already yielded other’s conclusions that QC is poor with the NM2+ and that there is a lot of sample variation. Those massive assumptions are also already being parroted.

Just to clarify, I appreciate you sharing your experiences @Nabillion_786, and you are in no way responsible for other people jumping to conclusions.
👀

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #809 of 1,292

I honestly believe it is important for everyone to share there experiences even if it is a slightly negative one because this will help others to know about a particular iem better. I always come out and be honest even though I know many others won't sing to my tune. I believe there are many too shy to come out and say that they had a negative experience just incase they receive some hate around here. I don't care about that because it is only head fi lol. Not that deep. But I do like to help others though.

Btw the 2 differences I hear are a tad more bass on the left side and quite a bit more energy overall which is slightly clouding that pristine clarity of my first pair when it comes to vocals. I believe with no doubt people would prefer my first pair unless they like extra boosted treble.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #810 of 1,292
I honestly believe it is important for everyone to share there experiences even if it is a slightly negative one because this will help others to know about a particular iem better.
Please continue to do so! It is important. My comments really had nothing to do with you, but rather was to encourage others to take a more moderate approach to interpreting information, rather than overreacting. This includes overblown hype due to one good review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back