NF Audio impression thread.
Sep 8, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #256 of 1,292
Ok I broke the rule and took my D02 and IT00 out.

Mozart Serenade no.13. IV. Rondo:

My slightly modded IT00 sounds like all the musicians are playing close together in echoey church. Sound reflecting all over the walls and hazy imaging.

D02: same church but I am sitting few rows further away and maybe curtains are drawn thus less echoey. Better imaging. Deeper soundstage but little cavernous.

NM2: Take all these musicians and put them in a large recording hall with proper acoustic panels. I can track individual instruments and monitor them. Echoing is reduced and acoustic reflection is more convincing. Best imaging and sounstage.
I’ve never heard the NA1, NM2, or NM2+, but the NA2 is definitely not analytical, but is really well balanced and musical, with generous (but not too much) bass. It’s very technically competent IMO as well (amazingly so for the price). I would definitely be interested in an NA2+, with very similar tuning.

I think the D02 is very musical and has a well balanced tuning just like the NA2, and has very similar technical capabilities, but the soundstage and imaging are the best I’ve experienced thus far of any single DD IEM, therefore, it has beat out my NA2 for my current fav single DD IEM. Both have really good detail retrieval and transient response. Chocolate Chip Trip by Tool sounds remarkably good on the D02, with fast and potent initial attacks.
What is "analytical" ? Its like"detailed"?(sorry for my poor english)

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #257 of 1,292
What is "analytical" ? Its like"detailed"?(sorry for my poor english)

I would describe analytical as a characteristic of certain audio equipment to present musical information in a very detailed, yet unmusical manner.
In other words, every detail of the music is there... almost to a fault.
All of the parts seem to exist independent of one another rather than being part of a synergistic whole.
Of course, this is exactly the presentation that some prefer and would describe as detailed and accurate.
There is always going to be a spectrum between extremes with individual preferences found at either extreme and everywhere in between.
One man's "analytical" is another man's "detailed" or "nuanced". You'll have to decide for yourself where your preferences fall along this spectrum

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #258 of 1,292
I would describe analytical as a characteristic of certain audio equipment to present musical information in a very detailed, yet unmusical manner. In other words, every detail of the music is there... almost to a fault. All of the parts seem to exist independent of one another rather than being part of a synergistic whole. Of course, this is exactly the presentation that some prefer and would describe as detailed and accurate. There is always going to be a spectrum between extremes with individual preferences found at either extreme and everywhere in between. One man's "analytical" is another man's "detailed" or "nuanced". You'll have to decide for yourself where your preferences fall along this spectrum
All true. And what is “musical”? I admit, they are very vague terms. The hope is to get a general idea of across.

Perhaps something sounding ”musical” is the equivalent of someone having a “nice personality”?

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #259 of 1,292
I think it is actually more difficult to pull off an analytical tuning since it is more reliant on sheer resolution for that detail vs lets say the myriad of chi fi hybrids that want to portray that detail using cheaper BAs and treble that sticks out too much. You can tell these are in a different league just by the sheer imaging and sound separation they throw out. I didn't think single dynamics could do this at this price point.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #260 of 1,292
FD1C0FC6-212E-43F5-BDE6-1048EFCD96DB.jpeg

Ok right off the bat, this new NM2+ (they should’ve called it something else like NZT-48) is not incremental upgrade from the NM2.
I feel almost every frequency range got refined and polished. Touch less bass but still great sub-bass extension which is welcome decision for me since I look for more balanced sound.
Mids are so pristine, clean and exquisitely detailed. Highs are well extended with dose of sparkle giving every instruments good amount space and air. Overall noticeably better tonality leads to amazing timbral accuracy I never experienced in IEM before. I am listening to Mozart flute concerto with my jaw wide open.
Ok off to burn in station. I need to cool down my excitement little.

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #261 of 1,292
Ya I agree. I have them in my ears after a day of burn in and they simply sound exquisite. I am kinda blown away by them myself. It is surprising what these guys achieved at this price range. Like I was saying last night. These don't sound like a little update. They sound like a completely new earphone.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #262 of 1,292
I like the cable that comes with these much more than the stock cable that came with the NM2 or the NA1, NA2. I think they heard my complaint. Lol. The cable reminds me of Campfire Audios super litz cables. Not as good obviously but similar type weave with less cores. I don't feel they counter the sonics of the NM2+ which shows they put some thought into the design. I was expecting a slight update on the NM2 but the + is they designed a much more refined NM2 and the NA1 put together.

You guys might think I am crazy but these seriously have flagship level detail on them. That is just nuts for $169 price range.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #263 of 1,292
Yes this silver colored cable is better than black tangly mess that they put before. I also think previous stock cable made the NM2 overly harsh sounding. I believe my initial impression of the NM2 wasn’t positive because of the cable mismatch.

NM2+ is better sounding to me than my andromeda already. Going to sell all my BA based IEMs.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #265 of 1,292
I already thought the NM2’s driver was insane and they bring this one out. I’m all in with NF audio. The + model has a serious high end sound to it. It’s definitely on point type of sound. Definition is off the charts.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #266 of 1,292
lol, now somehow im kinda curious and want to buy it

well its not that i dont like analytical tuning,but its too fatiguing as daily to go or using for long time at work

btw any info of other colour?
they release pink nm2 after 2 days i bought the blue one , and somehow kinda want pink one cause never have any pink iem

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #270 of 1,292
Many of these $80-$180 single DD IEMs that have come out over the past several months have been insanely good, and really challenging to high-end all-BA and hybrid IEMs. I look forward to reading more impressions on the NM2+. I wonder how it stacks up against the HANA. Now I would love to read some comparisons between NM2+, HANA, Oxygen, and D02. I’m still just enthralled by the D02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back