NF Audio impression thread.
Sep 7, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #241 of 1,292
IMHO, if looking for a single DD stage monitor, the ISN D02 sets itself apart as a great choice for isolation. The reason is, it’s the only single DD IEM that I know of that utilizes a sound tube, so the air in ones ear canal is still separated from the air in the IEM and the air coming thru the vent. With a foam tip and deep insertion, I think it provides the best isolation of any of my single DD IEMs.

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #242 of 1,292
IMHO, if looking for a single DD stage monitor, the ISN D02 sets itself apart as a great choice for isolation. The reason is, it’s the only single DD IEM that I know of that utilizes a sound tube, so the air in ones ear canal is still separated from the air in the IEM and the air coming thru the vent. With a foam tip and deep insertion, I think it provides the best isolation of any of my single DD IEMs.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the those. They do sound promising for its price point as well. Thanks for the rec @IEMusic

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #243 of 1,292

So the NM2+ has landed. Out of the box. I can tell these are a more refined NM2. Sound overall has more distinction, vocals sound astounding out of the box. Very good sense of space and stage seems to have increased from the stock NM2 as well as a result. From my prior experiences with aluminum housings. It has an affect on tonality. Adds a touch of sweetness to the sonics. Treble seems more pristine. Vocals have that slight sweetness. Imaging is better on these. There seems to be slightly less mid bass letting mids absolutely shine on these. Sub bass rumble is intact. So far I am very impressed with these. They didn't just upgrade a few aspects of the NM2 they made an entirely new IEM.

Vocal lovers take note. These should be on your short list. Another outstanding IEM from NF audio. Off to the burn in they go.
I was eagerly waiting for your impressions before I would make a move and now I'm very much tempted! In all honesty how does it differ from the fdx1? My perfect iem would be an fdx1 with more thicker vocals and a bit more expansive stage without sacrificing any clarity, detail or speed of the fdx1. My main reason for considering this iem is because I also happen to be a 'vocals lover' but am not willing to compromise on the technicalities as usually when an iem gets more thicker in sound it loses its clarity and speed.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #244 of 1,292
Clarity and speed will not be a problem on the NM2+ Been cable rolling and tip rolling a bit on the NM2+.

The resolution on these earphones is off the hook. Sound separation and definition is amazing. Just detail from everything your hearing. It almost sounds like they are using a new driver in these things vs the NA2 and NM2.

I got a UPOCC copper cable I had on the NM2 I put on the + and my Xelastec tips. You can hear every single note separated nicely on Steely Dans ricky dont loose that number. A good test track for sound separation. It sounds about as good as it gets on that track. Not just that track but pretty much everything I am listening to with these.

These are without a doubt the best NF audio earphones I have heard to date and it didn't take long to establish that. Detail guys are gonna love these things. Vocal guys are gonna love these things. Neutral guys are gonna love these things. I am gonna let them run in all this week but they already sound outstanding out of the box.

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #245 of 1,292
Clarity and speed will not be a problem on the NM2+ Been cable rolling and tip rolling a bit on the NM2+.

The resolution on these earphones is off the hook. Sound separation and definition is amazing. Just detail from everything your hearing. It almost sounds like they are using a new driver in these things vs the NA2 and NM2.

I got a UPOCC copper cable I had on the NM2 I put on the + and my Xelastec tips. You can hear every single note separated nicely on Steely Dans ricky dont loose that number. A good test track for sound separation. It sounds about as good as it gets on that track. Not just that track but pretty much everything I am listening to with these.

These are without a doubt the best NF audio earphones I have heard to date and it didn't take long to establish that. Detail guys are gonna love these things. Vocal guys are gonna love these things. Neutral guys are gonna love these things. I am gonna let them run in all this week but they already sound outstanding out of the box.
This is very nice to hear! Could you give a comparison to the fdx1 please?

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #246 of 1,292
Let me get them burned in proper and I can do a proper comparison. Let me put it this way. I wasn't nearly as impressed with the FDX1 out of the box as I am with the NM2+. In fact it wasnt till I got a proper cable on the FDX1 when those came alive. No so with the NM2+. It will impress anyone out of the box. The clarity alone will have you take notice.

But we will see. I will let them burn in over night and see where they go. I am optimistic about the sound. @DannyBai got his first this morning and then I got mines. We have been chatting about these all day long. I know he is impressed with them as much as I am.

They have outstanding resolving ability and that was evident from even the NA1 so that is nothing really new but I like this tuning better. They seem to have refined their tuning with each new version of these earphones.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #247 of 1,292

i find nm2 too stiff & analytical with proper source, and na1 even more stiff than nm2 for me .... so how nm2+ compare to na1 & nm2 in those 2 aspect?

also the metal shell similar too tin t2+ or it they coated with paint? .... i got electrocuted when plug the tin 2+ to desktop dac/amp

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #249 of 1,292
i find nm2 too stiff & analytical with proper source, and na1 even more stiff than nm2 for me .... so how nm2+ compare to na1 & nm2 in those 2 aspect?

also the metal shell similar too tin t2+ or it they coated with paint? .... i got electrocuted when plug the tin 2+ to desktop dac/amp
These earphones are made with accuracy in mind and they will be more analytical in nature. The NA2 is the least analytical of the NF audio dynamic earphones. The earphone you should be looking at is the ISN D02 for not much money. Those have a rich tone with a really nice stage. More muisicaly tuned vs the NF audio line and sound awesome when amped. NM2+ is very precise and is marketed for stage monitoring. If you found the NA1 and NM2 analytical then I don't think you will like the NM2+

Don't know if it is coated or the natural color but seems solid to me.

You need a good copper cable for the NM2. Pure silver will bring out more treble extension and lean out the bass. Try a C-16 copper from NiceHCK the best is a UPOCC from YY that cost $50 PM me if you want the link to that cable.

I tried this cable on the NM2+ as well. synergizes extremely well with both the NM2 and NM2+

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #250 of 1,292
I’ve never heard the NA1, NM2, or NM2+, but the NA2 is definitely not analytical, but is really well balanced and musical, with generous (but not too much) bass. It’s very technically competent IMO as well (amazingly so for the price). I would definitely be interested in an NA2+, with very similar tuning.

I think the D02 is very musical and has a well balanced tuning just like the NA2, and has very similar technical capabilities, but the soundstage and imaging are the best I’ve experienced thus far of any single DD IEM, therefore, it has beat out my NA2 for my current fav single DD IEM. Both have really good detail retrieval and transient response. Chocolate Chip Trip by Tool sounds remarkably good on the D02, with fast and potent initial attacks.

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #251 of 1,292
F2CB01DC-C76A-4485-A35A-378EB007D315.jpeg

In preparation of NM2+’s arrival today, I’ve been listening to the NM2 exclusively.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #252 of 1,292
I’ve never heard the NA1, NM2, or NM2+, but the NA2 is definitely not analytical, but is really well balanced and musical, with generous (but not too much) bass. It’s very technically competent IMO as well (amazingly so for the price). I would definitely be interested in an NA2+, with very similar tuning.

I think the D02 is very musical and has a well balanced tuning just like the NA2, and has very similar technical capabilities, but the soundstage and imaging are the best I’ve experienced thus far of any single DD IEM, therefore, it has beat out my NA2 for my current fav single DD IEM. Both have really good detail retrieval and transient response. Chocolate Chip Trip by Tool sounds remarkably good on the D02, with fast and potent initial attacks.
And what about the it00 ? :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #253 of 1,292
And what about the it00 ? :)
It’s a very different sound IMO. The IT00 is fun and bassy, with really good technicalities, but not great for certain genres of music, like classical, IMO (at least in stock form, w/o mods).

My thoughts on D02 vs IT00.
They are both excellent, but quite different IMO. I think they are actually complementary. However, for the uniqueness of overall sound, including imaging and staging, as well as the versatility, for MY preferences, D02 wins definitively. Objectively, neither is really better, just different.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #254 of 1,292
Ok I broke the rule and took my D02 and IT00 out.

Mozart Serenade no.13. IV. Rondo:

My slightly modded IT00 sounds like all the musicians are playing close together in echoey church. Sound reflecting all over the walls and hazy imaging.

D02: same church but I am sitting few rows further away and maybe curtains are drawn thus less echoey. Better imaging. Deeper soundstage but little cavernous.

NM2: Take all these musicians and put them in a large recording hall with proper acoustic panels. I can track individual instruments and monitor them. Echoing is reduced and acoustic reflection is more convincing. Best imaging and sounstage.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #255 of 1,292
Ok I broke the rule and took my D02 and IT00 out.

Mozart Serenade no.13. IV. Rondo:

My slightly modded IT00 sounds like all the musicians are playing close together in echoey church. Sound reflecting all over the walls and hazy imaging.

D02: same church but I am sitting few rows further away and maybe curtains are drawn thus less echoey. Better imaging. Deeper soundstage but live cavernous.

NM2: Take all these musicians and put them in a large recording hall with proper acoustic panels. I can track individual instruments and monitor them. Echoing is reduced and acoustic reflection is more convincing. Best imaging and sounstage.
Really looking forward to your nm2+ impressions especially on soundstage and male vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back