Next DC/MD/VA meet: Sat Mar 8, 1 pm!
Feb 21, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #46 of 67
Hirsch wrote:
Quote:

Headroom will be sending assorted goodies, including various headphones, interconnects, a Total Airhead, a Cosmic, and a Max.

Yay!!!

Did they happen to mention any specific headphones that might find there way to your place??? Maybe some Beyer models (880, 250/250)??

Thanks!
Bruce

Feb 22, 2003 at 2:16 PM Post #47 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Headroom will be sending assorted goodies, including various headphones, interconnects, a Total Airhead, a Cosmic, and a Max.

eek.gif
sweet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #48 of 67
Hi Folks, I've sent out directions to everyone who posted to this thread who hadn't been here before. If you have been here before, and need directions again (or if I accidentally missed a post
frown.gif
), please PM me and I'll get them right out.

Also, if you haven't posted to the thread or contacted me for directions, I'll get them out as requests come in.

Feb 26, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #52 of 67
Just a repeat (and a bump). Directions are out. If you haven't received them (or haven't asked yet), please contact me.

The Shure SA-1 is up and running, and the Supra amp (from ebay) is here... we'll have a lot to listen to!

Feb 26, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #53 of 67
Well i'm afraid i can no longer make it
frown.gif

I was offered a med school interview in georgia (my home) and i'll be headed down that way and spring break is the following week so no sense in me driving 12 hours both ways.

man i wish i could have made it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #54 of 67
All's set for Saturday, and everyone who has requested directions should have received them. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Mar 6, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #55 of 67
Another Head-Fier has loaned me a Melos SHA-1 that has undergone "Maestrobation" at the hands of Head-Fi's own carlo. I'm going to use identical tubes in this unit, to compare to my stock SHA-1. Just how good are the carlo mods? We'll find out on Saturday...

Mar 6, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #56 of 67
Hirsch,

You gonna be able to fit everyone there at your apartment?
biggrin.gif

Man, I wish I could be there. Sounds like another incredible meet coming up. Well, at least I can read about all the fun you guys had.

Mar 6, 2003 at 11:47 AM Post #57 of 67
Anyone in the PA, Philly area heading down to Hirsch's meet this Saturday? It be great if I could team up with someone to share that 3 + hour ride from Nazareth, PA. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2003 at 2:50 PM Post #59 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by antness
Hirsch,

How many people are expected as of now?

My guess is that there will be ten of us or so, but the final count could be higher. I'm going to try and spread out the listening areas better than in the past, so that we won't be crowded around the main table.

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #60 of 67
Man, my first meet, and I was so looking forward to it. I wanna hear a working Gilmore V2, so I know how badly I screwed up when I mangle my forthcoming kit.
smily_headphones1.gif
Not to mention all the other cool stuff I've never even seen, much less heard.

Unfortunately, there's gonna be a big shindig in my area on Saturday, and some friends of mine will be coming into town and staying at my house (including one who just got his deployment orders...my last chance to see him before his tour of duty).

So it looks like I'm gonna have to pass on this meet (and I just got my W1000's, too...). Next time, really!

-Nadim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back