dammit I wish I could fly over there... sounds like one helluva meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2003 at 3:37 PM Post #32 of 67
Equipment:

Etymotic ER4P + S adapter
Fixup SuperMini V4
CHA47 (Altoids)
Panasonic SLCT 570
*possibly* MAD Ear+ depending on when it arrives and if I can build it in time...

Bruce

Feb 13, 2003 at 4:10 PM Post #33 of 67
If I can make it, I'll bring:

HD600/ Cardas
ATH W-1000
Ety 4P/S
Grado SR80
Koss KSC-35
JMT META42
JVC-HA-D990 (complete with disintegrating foam pads)

hope to see everyone there!!!

Feb 15, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #34 of 67
I'm gonna be real busy at work then, but I might be able to make it. Hirsch, you have one h*ll of an inventory of gear, dude. WOW!

My only fear is that if I come, I'm gonna leave there wanting to buy an AudioValve or something insane.

p.s.
is DustyChalk still around? I thought he was local to this area?

Feb 15, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by johnnylexus

p.s.
is DustyChalk still around? I thought he was local to this area?

He's still around, and hasn't missed a meet yet
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #36 of 67
After the weekend, I want to contact Headroom and see if they can send some goodies to listen to. If there's anything you'd like me to ask them for, please let me know.

Feb 15, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 67
Like i said earlier i'll be bringing

Rio 800 128MB
Senn HD 280 Pros
JMT CHA 47

There are gonna be some awesome phones here
smily_headphones1.gif

Ones i'm most interested in
ETY 4S/4P
Grado 225/325
Senn HD 600
Beyer Dt 770
META 42 Maxed out
Gilmore v2 amp

Please don't forget to contact me with directions

gseeb1dn@mwc.edu

Thanks
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #38 of 67
I'll bring my Audio Technica M40fs - should be an interesting comparison the the 280 Pros. I'll also bring my Koss "The Plugs" (with some new cushions) - an interesting comparison with the Etys. My first pair of "good" headphones ever are my JVC HA-D700's, which I will bring just in case anyone wants to hear them after the D990 stampede. My cushions disintegrated as well, and they were not exactly mistreated, so that disintegration of the pads problem might not be the fault of Etronics, but JVC. I can't wait to hear the HD600's! I'm hoping someone brings PortaPro's, also, as I've never seen a pair in a store and only once on the Metro on someone's head.

Are there any wine drinkers going to this meet? I figure I'll bring some wine so we can make it a truly hedonistic experience.

Feb 20, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #43 of 67
that'd be cool, but I can't say I'm definite yet. I wanna see how much school work is piled up then, ugh...I'll try my best to keep that saturday free as possible. Also, I kinda have no clue how to take the train around local areas..lol. I'm only a freshman in college so still not too familiar with the area.

Feb 20, 2003 at 6:47 AM Post #44 of 67
Just wanted to report officially that I'm not going to make it -- probably going to be at home in Kansas City. (Though I did find some nice tickets to the Bahamas ... if I pack a hammock and sleep on the beach, I might be able to afford it.)

I don't think I have any equipment that someone else won't have, so shouldn't be a big loss. If you guys feel like having a couple extra HP-1000s on hand, though, that could be arranged.

soupy, the MARC train doesn't run on Saturdays, but you can take the MTA light rail train to BWI and a bus from there to the Washington Metro system. That's cheap -- something like $0.95 for the light rail, $2.00 for the bus, and $2.00-$3.00 for the 'tro to the stop near Hirsch's ... so about $10 total roundtrip. Your other option is to use Amtrak. A roundtrip fare (PennStation-Union Station) should be less than $30, then it's another $2.00-$3.00 each way on the Metro. I'd go for the Amtrak-Metro route if you go because the light rail-bus-Metro thing takes a long, long time.

kerely

Feb 21, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #45 of 67
Headroom will be sending assorted goodies, including various headphones, interconnects, a Total Airhead, a Cosmic, and a Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back