Next Chicago meet?
May 22, 2003 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I don't want to replace any other meets so keep rolling on any meetings already planned or in the planning stages.

I'm thinkin' late August.I wanted to do it around my B-day in early August but I think my wife wants me to do a short trip with her.My house will be done by then and we will have plenty of room including many outlets,tables,chairs etc.I want to invite some of the head-fiers from around the country,especially those who have hosted meets and become friends.There is going to be a significant amount of new gear hitting the streets between now and then and I really want to get some of it to audition at our meets.

I have been talking with a bunch of manufacturers and reps about the meets that are organized here on head-fi and how they represent an excellent opportunity to expose their products to dedicated audio enthusiasts.When I visit San Francisco next month for the Stereophile show I plan to reinforce my pitch to some of them in person.I want all of the meets planned here to be first-class events that feature great gear and great fun.I know some of them have visited head-fi and seen the threads from our meets.It is my hope that more of them will get on board and decide to provide gear,meeting places and stuff like factory tours.It would be great if even the small meets had top-notch gear and the support of the Audio community as a whole.

I'll update this thread as I work out the details.

May 22, 2003 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 62
Depending on the Law school my son selects I told him I would help him move sometime in August. Will know more when he makes a decision. He is still waiting on responses from a couple of schools.

Hope the timing works out.

May 22, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Depending on the Law school my son selects I told him I would help him move sometime in August. Will know more when he makes a decision. He is still waiting on responses from a couple of schools.

Hope the timing works out.

Ack! Save him before it's too late.
biggrin.gif

acs236, esq.

P.S. Must make arrangements to visit inlaws in Chicago during the next meet.

May 23, 2003 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 62
OK,

I 'm thinking we should perhaps keep the same schedule as last year and do it in September or October.This way our fall and spring meets always take place in the same months and folks can plan for them better.Twice a year at six month intervals seems good.

I don't think we will have as much gear as the spring meet but we'll have more newer gear and much more higher end stuff to audition.We should have many more products making debuts at the meet and we should have much more manufacturer support by then.

edit:
Please understand that this meet will absolutely,postively take place at my home.No hotels or Audio stores this time.Unless of course,one of the local audio manufacturers wants to jump in to host it.I have talked to the folks at Naim,Marantz and Linn all of who are based locally and none have agreed to host the meet but that may change.They all seem willing to provide gear so at leats they will participate in some way.

May 23, 2003 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 62
Sounds good to me. As it approaches remember if you need anything give me a call.

May 24, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 62
OOH!! OOH!! Can I come to your meet?

I could make it almost certainly if it's in September, but October is when things start to get crazy at work.

May 24, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 62
I've got a good friend in Chicago who can probably put me up for a night or two. I'd love to make the trip if possible.

May 24, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 62
I really want you guys tp make it.The house is coming along really well and my rooms will be really nice.I'm already working on the gear and we should have some good stuff.

May 25, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #10 of 62
Sweet, I'll be back in school around that time (IN). I'd love to drive up for the event!

Jun 5, 2003 at 2:07 PM Post #12 of 62
Enjoyed meeting you at the spring meet, and am really looking forward to this one Fred. It's very generous of you to host this, having it at your home will make it a very comfortable and enjoyable day for sure. I look forward to hearing some speakers as well, and I'll be able to help with any setup/cleanup you may need.

Jun 11, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #15 of 62
I start school in early September and I'll be away from a car for another nine months. August I would probably be able to make. September probaby not. October, only if some nice Milwaukee-area head-fido wants to give me a lift. I'd love to come though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back