Next Chicago meet?
Aug 19, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #31 of 62
Either of those dates should work for me. I'll be in Chicago for Samhain, but don't see being able to do any type of critical evalutation that weekend
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #33 of 62
If you guys don't mind I'm gonna share some of our debut gear with the Detroit Head-fiers. We'll still have some nice debuts,hopefully including a great new digital source I have been playing with.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:30 PM Post #34 of 62
Say Fred, can you post the list of items that will be debuting?
evil_smiley.gif
At least we would know what we would be giving up!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by redyolk
Say Fred, can you post the list of items that will be debuting?
evil_smiley.gif
At least we would know what we would be giving up!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I really can't give them all away but I'm sure you know about the Ray Samuels amps and the digital source I been hinting about.

The debut table should be in my hands in a few days and I can't promise that we will actually get to debut the other two amps but we'll have them for sure.

Sep 1, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #36 of 62
Oh yea...want to toss my preference into the mix and say that I'd rather the meet be on the 18th rather than the 25th. A previous engagement would probably prevent me from getting there.

Sep 4, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #37 of 62
I will try to make this meet - if it isn't too inconvenient for me to get to. However, I will actually bring less equipment than what I had brought to the previous Chicago Head-Fi meet back in April (where I had a lot of fun). Of course, the Sony V700 will NOT be there - I no longer own those 'phones. But the Grado SR-225, the Sony MDR-7506 and the Sennheiser HD 600 will be back at the meet - along with both my Cardas HD 600 cable and the HD 600's stock cable (last time, I had only the stock cable on my HD 600). But I may purchase either an RS-series Grado headphone or a Sony MDR-CD3000 some time before the meet will actually take place - and that 'phone will be present (if purchased). Only the Grado RA-1 amp will return (the Total Airhead will be the amp that I'll be listening to during my commuting, but will not be exhibited there).

Speaking of sources, two new portable digital sources will be there: a Sony MZ-E10 MD player and a Sony D-EJ2000 PCDP. However, only one of the PCDPs that I had at the previous meet will be there (a Panasonic SL-CT790). And a few CDs and MDs will be brought along for the ride. And again, because of setup and transport difficulties, none of my full-size amps or sources will make the trip.

cya l8r,
Eagle_Driver

Sep 16, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #38 of 62
Any updates from the organizers of this one? If the day is right I'll bring my incoming home system (Music Hall CD25, HGA Silver Lace ICs, Perreaux amp, and CD3000s)..

edit: plus possibly a pair of Sony MDR-D77 Eggos I just bought...

Sep 17, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #40 of 62
Yes, CD3000
biggrin.gif
I definitely want to check it out, its in my cross-hairs
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #41 of 62
and Yes, I will be bringing in my new Headmaster and Corda HA-2 along with the source and the usual headphone suspects
smily_headphones1.gif
and this time I will make sure I have the whole day for the event

Sep 19, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #42 of 62
I will bring:

D-303
MZ-R900
Meta42 w/ 8620, Alps, RCA/Mini, Stacked, Class A, etc...
Markertec Mini-Mini
CIR RCA cables (No idea why they didn't work last time, but I will bring 2 sets.)
DIY RCA's
all together 3 sets of RCA
Sony D-77
Grado SR-60
Maybe a Meridian CDP if I can find one by then.

Sep 22, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 62
I can bring my toys too:
HD-600's
PX-100's
Headroom MOH
Grado RA-1 "Woody" amp
iPod
Cary 303
A bunch of Cardas goodies & cables

Just give me a date & I'll be there.
600smile.gif

Sep 22, 2003 at 2:43 PM Post #44 of 62
Any issue with manufacturers showing up? (or more accurately) audio geek who happens to work for a manufacturer of audio products.)

And can we bring samples of new product ideas? I haven't been to a meet yet, but I'd like to come to one.

Sep 22, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #45 of 62
Tuberoller,
Last meeting you asked if there is anything else that we would like to hear that we haven't seen posted yet. These are a few things that I hope are there.

CD3000
Headroom Cosmic
Headroom Supreme
Corda-cross

I know a few own the CD3000, but somehow I missed them last time. I think they only showed for one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back