Next Chicago meet?
Sep 22, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #46 of 62
I'll bring my CD3000s (and I see a few others who might) but it depends on the day.

Any updates from anyone out there about when this is scheduled for?

Sep 22, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
Tuberoller,
Last meeting you asked if there is anything else that we would like to hear that we haven't seen posted yet. These are a few things that I hope are there.

CD3000
Headroom Cosmic
Headroom Supreme
Corda-cross

I know a few own the CD3000, but somehow I missed them last time. I think they only showed for one day.

All of that gear will be there. I should have firm plans posted by early next week.

Sep 22, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Sugarfried
Any issue with manufacturers showing up? (or more accurately) audio geek who happens to work for a manufacturer of audio products.)

And can we bring samples of new product ideas? I haven't been to a meet yet, but I'd like to come to one.

Ray Samuels of Emmeline HR2 fame has become a fixture at the meets,I have invited Mikhail and a few others that I hope will show up this time. You are certainly invited to attend and bring samples.

Our meet should also be right around the time the HD650 hits the market and we will have them on hand.

Sep 25, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #49 of 62
Now that my attempts of purchasing a Sony CD3000 or an RS-series Grado have ended prematurely with the purchase of some alternative headphones in lieu of the CD3000's or RS-somethings
frown.gif
, here is my finalised equipment list:
  1. Sources (portable):

CD:
  2. Panasonic SL-CT790
  3. Sony D-EJ2000

MD:
  4. Sony MZ-E10
  5. Sony MZ-N707

Headphones:
  6. Grado SR-225
  7. Grado SR-325
  8. Sennheiser HD 600
  9. Sony MDR-7506
  10. Sony MDR-7509
  11. Sony MDR-CD2000

Amps:
  12. Grado RA-1 - but this time, the amp will be powered from Duracell Ultra alkaline batteries instead of the RadioShack 8.4V NiCd rechargeables

Cables/Accessories:
  13. AR AP042 mini-to-RCA patch cable
  14. Stock cable that came with my Sennheiser HD 600
  15. Cardas upgrade cable for HD 600
  16. Grado 1/4"-to-mini adaptor cable
  17. RadioShack right-angle mini-to-mini adaptor (for adapting Grado headphones to fit the remote jack of the Panasonic SL-CT790)
  18. Two sets of Grado flat pads

The unamped portable auditions will be conducted with all of the above headphones except the Sennheisers. The with-amp listening will include the Sennheisers (with both the stock cable and the Cardas upgrade cable), as well.

cya soon,
Eagle_Driver

Sep 25, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #50 of 62
Ok, here's what i can bring:

MMF 5 with Goldring G1012 cart (It's the stock cart)
Sony NS500V
Melos SHA-1 with Amperex tubes
Etymontic research ER-4 S
Cardas neutral referance RCA IC's
Outlaw IC's
OBH-8 with Elpac upgraded PSU

And while it's not confirmed entirely, there's a good possiblity that i'll have a few of eric's halogen IC's at the meet, from what i've heard from him and my own experences in cable research, there's a good chance that they're worth quite a bit more than he's charging

Oct 1, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #51 of 62
Hell I might even make this one! It would be a 7+ hour drive from Omaha. I'd love to make it. I could bring:

Perreaux SXH-1 (the mysterious flavor of the month amp)
HD600/Equinox
Cal Sigma II tube DAC
Silver Lace IC
YBA Diamond power cords

Oh man, it would be so nice to make it!

Oct 1, 2003 at 1:20 PM Post #52 of 62
OK...I'm 90% sure that I'll be able to come. I'll TRY to drag someone with me, but it might end up being just me.

If I can make it, I'll bring the following:

MSB Gold Link III DAC
Elite DV-47Ai Universal Player w/ MSB Network Mods
Norh SE9 Tube Amp
AKG K1000

I can bring more stuff, if needed...it sounds like there's going to be a lot of gear there!!

Oct 1, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #54 of 62
Got some new toys for the meet. I will make sure I can hang out a bit longer this time around. Might be tricky do to the two new babies in the house unless we trade with the wife and I give her whole day off as well
smily_headphones1.gif

New toys I will bring:

Sony D25s player

X-Feed MK4 by Pink Floyd (yes thats the new model with serial 0001 signed
smily_headphones1.gif

Corda HA-2 (if I get the input plugs fixed in time)

Sugden Headmaster

Oct 2, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #55 of 62
My system changed a bit too. As of today, the D-303 is not reading discs, but I have faith it will be working again.

I also got a Meridian 506.20, and I should be picking it up Saturday. I will confirm once it is in my possession.

Oct 3, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #56 of 62
Firm plans tomorrow night.

Oct 3, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #57 of 62
I have a last-minute change in my equipment list:

The Grado SR-80 will not make the meet. Instead, the Grado SR-325 will be there. Also, if the Grado flat pads arrive on time, they will make the trip there too.

Oct 3, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #58 of 62
Might someone bring a new Rio Karma player? I would love to hear one,if not I'll try to get a review unit. Let me know please.

Oct 7, 2003 at 7:11 PM Post #60 of 62
edited because I just saw the new thread on this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back