NEWS: Sony Asia Pacific announces 11 new balanced armature in-ear headphone models
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #78 of 171
I always has been a fun of Sony earphones, not only their designs are cool, stylish and comfortable , but also their audio quality is always good in many ways. Can't wait to get pair in US. Just got a new pair of earphones from Xeport, Xeport 7010. Seems that Xeport is a new kid on the block. After two days on breaking in the headphones, the device settled in very well. The sound quality is all rounded to handle all types of music. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #79 of 171

Quote:
hi.
i have a question:
can i dont listen to music but use noise cancelling ?

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Yes you can.
But not always the other way around, some headphones, if the NC's battery dies no longer play music.

In my experience (Denon NC732) it is not as comfortable as Noise Isolating headphones. It gives you the feeling of being artificially caved in and i (personally)  felt some a sort of pressure on my ears. Although i planned on using it that way, i didn't do it very often because of that.

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #83 of 171

Quote:
Nice looking phones! Sony is one of the few giants who can still make reasonably high quality products at a reasonable price. Gee, I wish I could say that about Apple...

....and easy to hold of...
they are extremely grainy and sibilant... 

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #87 of 171

Quote:
That's ok, and btw I love the crispy grain and sibilance of cheap Sony earbuds... or at least I used to. :wink:

My first and cheapest iems, Sony.
I always found them ok for the price. I used another one as a replacement for my re262 for the time it was in repair.
The sound is relatively clear imo but that sibilance becomes quite irritating, especially with a iPod nano 3G which has practically no bass (+ treble extension EQ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back