[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #76 of 1,082
popcorn.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #77 of 1,082

Quote:
In my experience with dynamic driver based IEMs the vented ones have consistently better sound stage. Could be coincidence, but I doubt it. The vented Final Audio BAs have very good soundstage, better than other single BAs I've heard (e.g. X10, PL50). Again, could be coincidence, but they also have surprisingly good texture for BAs, which should help with soundstage.

Maybe the causal relation is: venting => better texture => better soundstage. Speculation of course, but there's enough evidence among the phones I've heard to support the idea.

Driver is freed from acoutic suspension and that could well help but your not hearing the extra air behind the diaphram or the inside/other side of the box. It may commonly open the sound as you observed but not for because can hear the extra the extra volume of air outside of you sealed canal. I put an extremely small vent in my M1s and they're more open because the mid bass clears out a bit. If the vent gets larger it closes down instead of more open due to geting bloated.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #79 of 1,082
^Me too, since I'm a huge Phonak fan now.  I really hope these really are a perfect fit, and brings out better sound.  

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #82 of 1,082
Loving my 021s right now.  The green filter suits my needs perfectly.  I really want to give these new ones a try now.  I can' t stop singnig the praises of the Audeos.  Phonak did the impossible ... it put "the boogie" in my ears.  I didn't even need an amp (though I have my eye on one).

Now they don't sound like my D2000s (that's not a fair comparison) nor do they sound like my HD25-IIs ... but ....!!!!!!!!!!! .....they're the closest I've ever gotten to that sound from an IEM.  You can still hear details (probably not as clear as the other filters), but with satisfying bass, just the right amount, no fatigue.  When I listen to the Black Keys, I can feel the blues.  I really have no idea what to expect with these new ones, but if it's a more refined 121/021, sign me up!

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #83 of 1,082
comparing PFEs with black filters against se530 for days now. Have to say, that soundstage on pfes is a tad bit wider and projection is more in the front. sitting about 5 rows away from soundstage, while with se530 sitting among the musicans. so presentation is slightly better with pfes. really hard to decide between them both. the shures can bring out sub bass a little better and sound in generally is a little fuller. regarding the price, it is a now brainer to go with the audeos. but besides pricepoint, hmm. se530 sounds a bit grainy in the highs and upper mids, while the audeo is a bit smoother but colder.
damn i wish i could get more informations about the new audeos. will be a hard time for the shures.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #85 of 1,082
hmm, seem I prefer more analytic sound signature. That's why I sold my dt880 250Ohm after I listened sony mdr SA5000.

I tried the phonak pfe 112 through my corda 3move and prefer them over sm3s. I prefer SW Xcape V1 than V2. In my oppinion, the Phonak PFE 112 is definitely one step above the Xcape in term of comfort, instrumental separation, soundstage and detail.

Need I wait for the new one or just purchase the PFE112?

Quote:
It's beefier than the single armature PFE. It might not have the same ultra-analytic signature, it's more in direction towards stuff like the SM3.

No idea about pricing.

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #86 of 1,082
Hmmm.... I wonder if the vents will increase bass response... just kidding :) They look interesting though. Can't wait to try them.

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #89 of 1,082

Quote:
i contacted phonak in order to find out about exact release date. today recieved the answer, that they wont come out before autmn.

Ugh....
frown.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #90 of 1,082
Well, that really helps..cause I just picked up a new PFE112 today and don't want to feel bad! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back