News! Colorfly how a awesome new DAP!
Feb 19, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #92 of 272
Thanks. Step up in every way? My main concern is the loss of powerful output of the 6.3mmm connector. I'd really miss that with my TH900.
I had the C4 and yes a step up in everyway. I have seven TH900s all are reterminated to 3.5 or 4.4. Heres four of them.
20170712_105146.jpg

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #96 of 272
Any update on your A/B comparison pal :L3000:
Eager to find out if this awsome dap can sound even better :ksc75smile:
Been listening to the modded one, but no A/B testing yet.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #97 of 272
Yeah man...why so many and defo want to know which you prefer and why.....might convince a few of us to change or mod :)
Some have 4.4 connection, others 3.5 , two have different cables. Also I like how it sounds.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #98 of 272
Would this DAP sound good with hiphop/rap/trap and R&B music? I understand that it has an analogue/vinyl sound, so now I'm unsure whether to purchase or not, despite being initially very enthusiastic about purchasing.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #99 of 272
Send me some samples ? and i'll have a listen (on the u8 and other daps). I only have metal. I would say it would sound awesome, are you an eq user?

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #100 of 272
Send me some samples ? and i'll have a listen (on the u8 and other daps). I only have metal. I would say it would sound awesome, are you an eq user?

I'm not sure how you'll be able to compare if you've never heard the song or don't have multiple daps to use, but apparently you can download free flac from here, I've linked two albums I would like someone to sample if possible:

https://highresolutionmusic.com/song/riri-3429

https://highresolutionmusic.com/song/blank-face-1310800

In answer to your question, I'm not a massive eq user but I do like to tweak software and hardware of devices.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #101 of 272
I'm not sure how you'll be able to compare if you've never heard the song or don't have multiple daps to use, but apparently you can download free flac from here, I've linked two albums I would like someone to sample if possible:

https://highresolutionmusic.com/song/riri-3429

https://highresolutionmusic.com/song/blank-face-1310800

In answer to your question, I'm not a massive eq user but I do like to tweak software and hardware of devices.

I have a fair few daps if you check out my sig. I know what you mean if its not my genre but I can tell if somethings of good quality or harsh etc. Cheers for the links.

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #102 of 272
Would this DAP sound good with hiphop/rap/trap and R&B music? I understand that it has an analogue/vinyl sound, so now I'm unsure whether to purchase or not, despite being initially very enthusiastic about purchasing.
The best this dap does is vocals and bass. Bass from this dap hits veey liw. Its bass is deep with many layers.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #104 of 272
So I purchased a brand new U8, and I'm having big problems with it. It seems that the player will only sort songs within an album alphabetically ignoring any numbering you put in front of the letters, this is a big issue as I only listen to albums in the order they are supposed to be in. I can't seem to find any manuals in English, or information available in English. Their website is completely bare bones, and there's no social media presence outside of China it seems. So I don't know what to do?

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #105 of 272
So I purchased a brand new U8, and I'm having big problems with it. It seems that the player will only sort songs within an album alphabetically ignoring any numbering you put in front of the letters, this is a big issue as I only listen to albums in the order they are supposed to be in. I can't seem to find any manuals in English, or information available in English. Their website is completely bare bones, and there's no social media presence outside of China it seems. So I don't know what to do?
I would suggest you updating it to the latest firmware first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back