News! Colorfly how a awesome new DAP!
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #152 of 272
I wouldn't really say it has low battery life, and the standby time doesn't particularly bother me, however I can see why it might bother some people.

Just seems weird, I don't ever think I've turned a device off since before my iPods. Everything has long standby time. Oh I'm probably going to buy this thing, even though I'm perfectly happy with m11 :)

Smaller, meaty detailed sound, and very cool looking.

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #155 of 272
Thats the second dap to come off this list.
Cant wait for U10 II (lol why no U10, maybe it has different or no wifi/bluetooth )
Screenshot_2019-07-01-22-37-55-223_mark.via.gp.png

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #156 of 272
Having major problems updating the firmware, I can't do it OTA and I can't load the files on the dap for a local update it just won't allow me on windows 10 and windows 7. I can put the update file on my micro sd card but it can't see them.

Any suggestions? I love the sound but if I can't even update it it's going back. It doesn't look like there's much support from colofly on here.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #157 of 272
How bizarre, I can download music to internal memory but no other types of files. So I think when it's trying to download the upgrade file it just can't.

The vender I bought it from has an 15% restocking fee- that's going to be a 180 dollars and I bought a 200 dollar gift card to use on new egg, that I probably won't use. Would be a keeper if I could upgrade it.

Unless new egg backs me for the product being defective and I don't have to pay the restocking fee.

Oh well, I'm sticking with brands that have decent service , Sony, fiio, and well I'm not sure about ak but I've never had any problems.

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #158 of 272
Weird , I updated it with no issues right from my sofa. Maybe slow connection ?

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #159 of 272
Weird , I updated it with no issues right from my sofa. Maybe slow connection ?

Lol did you read my whole post, nothing can be copied onto the internal memory but music files. So a zip file just won't copy, or the extracted image file. My internet is ultra fast so it's not on my end.

Hey if you get time could you throw a zip file onto your u8's internal memory for me and see if it copies. I've used 2 computers and couldn't copy zip files on the u8 using either of them.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #160 of 272
Lol did you read my whole post, nothing can be copied onto the internal memory but music files. So a zip file just won't copy, or the extracted image file. My internet is ultra fast so it's not on my end.

Hey if you get time could you throw a zip file onto your u8's internal memory for me and see if it copies. I've used 2 computers and couldn't copy zip files on the u8 using either of them.
It should and can. Might have to reboot and retry dragging files over. Yes I had one or two hiccups when transferring music onto the internal memory

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #161 of 272
It should and can. Might have to reboot and retry dragging files over. Yes I had one or two hiccups when transferring music onto the internal memory

I've rebooted 3 times and no luck, and the version 2 firmware is a mess, so if I can't update I'm screwed. I had no problem copying music onto it

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #162 of 272
I didnt copy update, I ised ota

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #164 of 272
I've rebooted 3 times and no luck, and the version 2 firmware is a mess, so if I can't update I'm screwed. I had no problem copying music onto it
Sounds like a real bummer, good luck and I hope it gets resolved for you one way or the other. I think if you present a well reasoned case new egg will wave. In particular if you are a regular customer, those are like gold and once companies have you buying they really do want to take care of you. Good luck, a 15% restocking fee is tough so really hope you can dodge it if needed.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #165 of 272
Sounds like a real bummer, good luck and I hope it gets resolved for you one way or the other. I think if you present a well reasoned case new egg will wave. In particular if you are a regular customer, those are like gold and once companies have you buying they really do want to take care of you. Good luck, a 15% restocking fee is tough so really hope you can dodge it if needed.

Thanks, well the seller updated his policy after I ordered it :frowning2: Before there was only a restocking fee if things were missing or such. And although the shrink wrap was on it was open on the side the unit slides out- I thought that was weird

And I really think it's weird I can only transfer music files to the dap. I can't transfer non music files to my micro sd when it's in the dap, and if I use a card reader to put the file on- it doesn't show up on the u8.

Oh, I've only ordered from new egg like 4 times. I ordered from them because the Ebay one was in China, and at least this one was here in the US.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back