NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 493
Quote:
fanny wang, soul by ludacris, that 50cent headphone from sms audio, yammy pro series, beats...

beats should sue this "company" too! =))

http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=14742&main=34

They look nothing like Beats
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 493
Quote:
They're only suing for $75,000 though, so I don't think profit is a major motivation.

$75k for advertising/publicity is a drop in the bucket for big companies. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #33 of 493
headphones have been copying designs for 100 years now, since the 1st radio operator headphones. I doubt any headphone design is completely unique anymore.

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #36 of 493
Quote:
headphones have been copying designs for 100 years now, since the 1st radio operator headphones. I doubt any headphone design is completely unique anymore.

I agree.

It's called competition.Riding on the popularity is a natural thing to do.If you could improve on the design or sound why not? This is the way to move forward no? Frankly suing is just saying that your not capable of making a better product and shows the confident level you have with your product is low and afraid of competition.Suing just stifle competition IMHO.In the end the more the merrier right...more choices for us consumers be it for the price,design or sound.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 493
$75k? They probably have already spent far more money on consulting lawyers about the design before the release.

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #40 of 493
Feb 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #41 of 493
I didn't get the "Dr.... who?" thing until now. LOL. Way to go Yamaha. 
As for suing... meh. I wouldn't blame either of them. Yamaha was kinda asking for it w/ the "Dr... who?" ,which IMO is really hilarious, and the mainstream like for beats is outrageous. 
I even advised a guy in my class to go the head-fi, but nope, he just went straight ahead and bought beats.
Overall, it's kinda boarder-line grey.

Edit:
But this:

For me it was the Dr. Pepper commercial back in the days.
Then I totally forgot about him.

The Yamaha's look so much nicer, even if just thanks to the IMHO better looking logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back