Newly Released Sennheiser CX Series Earphones: In particular, the CX 3.00 and CX 5.00G
Sep 4, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #61 of 75
Hey guys, I just want to report that the cable of my cx 3.00 have become kink and curly and for some apparent reason there is also some slight channel imbalance. The curls/kinks first appeared the morning after I sleep using my cx 3.00. I suspect that the cable is elastic but it won't go back to it's original shape if you stretched it excessively. One big mistake I've made was I tried to stretched it even more in hope of straightening the cable, instead, it introduced some more finer wrinkly curls ,d'oh:face_palm:

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #62 of 75
Okay, so the cable broke leaving the right channel not working. I didn't expect the cable to be this fragile. Now I know what those sheet sleeving are for.

Anyone know if they cover this in their warranty?

I think I'm having a cable replacement project. I really love my cx3.00 it's such a waste if I throw it away.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #63 of 75
Okay, so the cable broke leaving the right channel not working. I didn't expect the cable to be this fragile. Now I know what those sheet sleeving are for.

Anyone know if they cover this in their warranty?

I think I'm having a cable replacement project. I really love my cx3.00 it's such a waste if I throw it away.

Well u kinda slept with them :0

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #65 of 75
Hi! Great review but I have a question, will the 5.00G work with an iphone? Cause my sister has the G version and she's planning to upgrade, and give the CX's to me. I can't test if they work because she's away.

Also if they don't work, how does the 5.00 compare to the soundmagic e50? I had the e10s and i really liked their signature.
What else can you recommend in this price range? Thank you!

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #68 of 75
happy accident! 

i was cleaning the earphones, as i found some earwax slipping past the earphone and got caught on the foam filter. and took a small pin to pry out the earwax only to found the foam filter to be removable!!

and i decided to experiment with the earphones with the foam filter removed. and i can say it definitely changes the sound! its only been maybe an hour or so, but it does make different sounding! Toning down the bass, allowing the mids to breathe better and allow the treble to come out and play more

Very interesting finding and i will continue to investigate!

This trick work wonders for my cx3.0. Basically that foam was sitting there in the nozzle blocking mids like anything. Due to that recessed mid section it gives an artificial v shaped sound signature which makes the details pop. I didn't like that treble intially but after removing that foam that treble spike is gone. Some low end has gone too unfortunately but sound is now much more natural.

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #69 of 75
This trick work wonders for my cx3.0. Basically that foam was sitting there in the nozzle blocking mids like anything. Due to that recessed mid section it gives an artificial v shaped sound signature which makes the details pop. I didn't like that treble intially but after removing that foam that treble spike is gone. Some low end has gone too unfortunately but sound is now much more natural.

Its a nice experiment, good to hear you enjoy it

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #70 of 75
I tried removing the filters off the CX 3.00 and I must say I didn't hear much difference. The mids still sounded very recessed and the vocals thin and artificial, mind you, it may have something to do with the fact that I use the ATH-IM70 as my daily driver now.
Another thing, that cable. God, the worst cable I've come across on a pair of earphones over $5. The damn thing began to peel after a month or two then the right channel completely failed. I got it replaced under warranty and the cable began to peel again.
I did not sleep with them and I would store the cable in the plastic case whenever I wasn't using them. Really crap quality.

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #71 of 75
Well i haven't faced any problem related to built quality yet and i am using it roughly for last 3 months. But it's soundstage is below average i would say especially when compared with cx275s which is a step below cx3.0 and many other iems i had used in the past. Although cx3.0 can extract details from songs very easily that cheaper iems can't. This is my honest opinion about this iem which i felt during my extensive usage of last few months.

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #72 of 75
Well i haven't faced any problem related to built quality yet and i am using it roughly for last 3 months. But it's soundstage is below average i would say especially when compared with cx275s which is a step below cx3.0 and many other iems i had used in the past. Although cx3.0 can extract details from songs very easily that cheaper iems can't. This is my honest opinion about this iem which i felt during my extensive usage of last few months.

Yeah, to call the soundstage intimate is an understatement. The sound struggles to get out of your head.
And I do agree, the CX 3.00 does have much better clarity than cheaper IEMs. Unfortunately the sound signature left me unsatisfied.

May 30, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #73 of 75
Hi guys!
I have the momentum M2 and looking for something more detailed and clear, then I wonder how good are the cx5.00 in comparison with AKG N20U and Beyerdynamic idx200. Anyone can give me some advice about this?.
Thanks a lot.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #74 of 75
Cannot get a proper seal with CX1.00......none of the stock tips work (don't have any aftermarket tips on hand either) - and unexpectedly it still sounds half-way decent. Last time I failed to get a decent seal with IEMs is with HiFiMAN's RE-400 and I can't hear any bass out of the those in-ears at all (until I putted Spinfit tips on them and get a good seal). This time, I can actually hear a moderate amount of mid-bass despite the lack of seal. My guess is...... Sennheiser understand that most consumers don't have an idea about IEM fitting thus won't get a proper seal with their CX1.00, and they cleverly tuned this IEM in a way that improper seal don't completely ruin the sound. I may be over-thinking though......(?)

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #75 of 75
Better late than never - well, I find them bad sounding. High frequencies like hihats are muffled like someone turned on Dolby C on a recording without Dolby - and there is sibilance, too, as additional effect. Highs are muffled and distorted because of that. They can be used for veeeeeery casual, low volume listening, but not for anything else. I am surprised why Sennheiser would make them like that. Bass is OK, could be less boomy, mids are somewhat correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back