Newest design for line out kit of E7! FiiO' user , please give us some adivce!
May 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #31 of 40
Has anyone used the L7 with their E7 yet? I am confused-

I'm running my E7 off the laptop as a DAC only, and running a line out from the headphone jack on the E7 to the input on my headphone amp. That being said, is there any benefit for me to use the L7 output than the E7 headphone output running into my headphone amp?

May 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 40
I am interested to know what the status is of this also.  I keep checking Micca Store, mp4nation and ebay and have yet to see an L7 become available for purchase and I really need a stand alone DAC.

-Chris 

May 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #35 of 40
If I hook up the fiio L7 line out dock with the e7 and then hookup my ipod touch 3rd gen to the L7 will it bypass the ipods dac and use the e7 as a dac?  or will the e7 still be a amp only?

May 31, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #37 of 40

blink.gif
can anyone answer my question above?? I'm still confused on this, and don't want to order the L7 if it won't make a difference for me!

May 31, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #38 of 40

let me try it.

"
I'm running my E7 off the laptop as a DAC only, and running a line out from the headphone jack on the E7 to the input on my headphone amp. That being said, is there any benefit for me to use the L7 output than the E7 headphone output running into my headphone amp?
"

your current setting, E7 internal amp part still being used. in another words, the signal from E7 line out headphone jack is still amplified by E7 internal amp. then goes through your headphone amp to amplify second time. E7 amp is not great and could introduce distortion due to space limitation, so by pass E7 internal amp will give me much clean signal source to amp, and isolate E7 as pure DAC. DAC part in E7 is decent.
my final answer to your question is YES. of course. I assume your external headphone amp quality is better than E7 internal amp..   

May 31, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #39 of 40

that's what I needed to know, thank you! I will try the L7 in that case, since I would like to use the E7 as my DAC only. It's a much nicer DAC than my laptop soundcard.
Quote:

let me try it.

"
"

your current setting, E7 internal amp part still being used. in another words, the signal from E7 line out headphone jack is still amplified by E7 internal amp. then goes through your headphone amp to amplify second time. E7 amp is not great and could introduce distortion due to space limitation, so by pass E7 internal amp will give me much clean signal source to amp, and isolate E7 as pure DAC. DAC part in E7 is decent.
my final answer to your question is YES. of course. I assume your external headphone amp quality is better than E7 internal amp..   

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #40 of 40
Bought my L7 a couple of weeks ago to use my E7 as a DAC for my speakers. I've been disappointed, the LO jack is very poor quality and getting a correct 'fit' has been difficult and has led to imbalance issues, quite significantly! It took me a while to work out what was causing it but after switching plenty of components it came down to the L7. Would it kill to make the jack a little bit more robust? More like those of the E7? The whole thing feels too flimsy for my liking. It's a shame because FiiO products are always quite high quality. Is this just a faulty model or is it time I got myself a Schiit Bifrost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back